Nora Isn't The Only One With Romance Problems

Beginne am Anfang

“If you weren’t the closet thing I have as a sister, I would have totally asked you out right about now.”

I giggle, doing a small twirl. “I look hot?”

He nods. “Really hot.”

We walk down to the kitchen, were surprisingly, everybody’s seating, devouring pancakes Edward probably made.

Everybody looks up and their eyes widen a little bit. My sister smirks. “Did that modeling agency call you again?”

I scowl at her. “No. I told you I’m not doing modeling.” I sit down, right next to Charles, who seems really uncomfortable.

Henry stares at me. “You did modeling?”

I grimace. “No, but Nell tried getting me to do it. I hate modeling. I told Nell she should do it, but she said she didn’t want to. I don’t like the idea of strutting around a stage looking like a zombie and eating salad the rest of your life.”

Bart chokes on his food, giving me a high five. “You said it!”

I grin. My eyes flicker over to Charles and now I see he’s full out staring at me. He see’s me looking at him, and snaps his gaze away from me, looking down at his food. Then the memory of Clinton and Nell comes flooding back to me, making me smirk evilly. Time for some fun.

“Nell, what were you doing this morning?”

Nell glares at me. “I was sleeping.”

I smile. “You sure were. With Clinton, am I right?”

She catches on to what I’m saying and her cheeks go pink. “That’s not what I meant.”

I look down at my food, grinning, and shaking my head. “Sure. Whatever you say.” I glance at Clinton who seems to be frozen, with a slight pink to his cheeks. Ha! I made him blush!

His gaze snaps to me. Oh damn, mind reading. I smile evilly. Don’t hurt my sister. I may not be able to hurt you physically, but I can send you off to Spain…I send him a mental note. He catches it quickly and nods. Good. She really likes you. He smiles and looks down at his food.

Charles clears his throat. “Nora, can I speak to you? Alone?” Finally!

“Yeah, sure.”

Within a minute he drags me up to his room, which seems to be in the same condition it was last time: Typical.

He starts pacing around the room with one hand in his hair. “What am I going to do with you?” He mumbles.

I sigh. “I’ve been trying to talk to you these past two days, but every time I’m about to say something, you're gone already.”

He stops pacing. “So you dress like that? It’s bad enough what you wear regularly is driving me crazy, but you have to go an wear that?” He points to my outfit.

I look down at it. “This is actually something I would wear regularly, but not when I’m living with vampires.” I motion towards the tank top. “And FYI, Bart told me to wear this.” Then I give him a weird look. “What’s so wrong with what I wear regularly? It’s normal clothing.”

“That’s the point!” He groans, pinching the bridge of his nose. He sighs then, sitting down on his bed.

“Can we talk about what happened at the hotel? Please? I’m very confused over it.”

He leans back on his bed. “Ask away.”

“Why the hell did you kiss me? Not only once, but friggin twice?! And now you’ve been ignoring me throughout these past days like I’m some sort of virus.”

He sits back up, staring me in the eyes. “That’s because you are a virus. To me.” He says seriously.

I wanted to bust out in laughter, but I didn’t. Instead, I walk over to him, bend down and look him in the eyes. “Are you on crack?”

The corners of his mouth threaten to spill a smile, but he hides it by groaning. “No, Nora. I’m not.”

I do a sigh of relief. “Good, for a minute there you were scaring me.” And I stand back up, sitting on his desk. “Can you answer my questions now?”

He sighs. “I’ll answer them to the best of my ability.”

No. Screw that. I’m seriously fed up now. “Charles, what is this stupid secret your hiding from me? All the brothers wont tell me, and now you wont! I don’t want to hear anymore stupid excuses. Until your ready to tell me the truth, and nothing but the truth, I’m not talking. To any one of you.” I cross my arms and get ready to turn around, but a hand catches me and whirls me around.

Before I can say anything, his lips crash down to mine, making me gasp as the electricity flows through me. I want to pull away, I want to yell stop, I want to hit him, but it doesn’t happen. I just stand there while his mouth maneuvers mine. He pulls away and sighs. “It would be really easier if you would kiss me back.” He murmurs, his head still on mine.

I put a frown on my face, even though I’m still in a daze. “Are you going to tell me the truth?”

He frowns too, looking really painful and sorry. “I cant. Not yet. If I tell you now, you might not even want to look at me again. I’m not even suppose to be kissing you right now but I cant control myself.” What he just said would be sweet, if I wasn’t extremely pissed off right now.

“Fine. Don’t tell me.” I hiss and pull out of his grasp, slamming the door and stomping downstairs.