Chapter 14

Finding Khalifa Amana was oh, so easy!

I would say as easy as ABC, but I didn't speak till I was nearly 4 and the ABCs weren't easy for me.

I would say as easy as getting a Kardashian to take off her clothes, but Maryam, the honorary Kardashian sister would have me killed.

Lets just settle with as easy as getting Kanye to throw a hissy fit, huh? Good.

Now they say a PI never reveals their secrets, but I will tell you this: rich people are SO predictable.

And kinda dumb.

But let's stick with predictable.

They flash their impossibly white veneers across every magazine on the news stands and giggle sheepishly at red carpet interviews thinking phrases like "No comment" and "I'd rather not say" would protect their private lives from the prying public.

Little do they know that to the keen eye, they're pretty much handing their private information out l phrases like "Polo is my favourite sport".

Abuja has about 5 polo grounds, one of which is the most luxurious of them all and seeing that you're richer than many countries combined, you're definitely a member of the private and secluded L'equestre Polo Country Club.

A simple disguise, a charming smile, a flirtatious giggle and many flattering statements later and I'm in! I've got your name, I know what you look like, I know where you live.

I know that your favourite food is Lobster and truffle Linguine though sometimes (I'm guessing when the club is out of lobsters and truffles) you settle for tiger prawn linguine in Alfredo.

You do not drink alcohol (at least not publicly) and seeing the no ashtray sign on your table I'm guessing you don't smoke either. You probably smoked in the past and don't want to be tempted to relapse.

I know you drive about 6 different cars but you prefer the subtlety of a simple black Mercedes (surprise, surprise!).

I know you went to Imperial college, though I can't determine if you got in for your brains or Daddy's money. You studied human resource management, with a minor in Financial Analysis.

I also know who your closest friends are, Kabir and Imran, you meet mostly Friday nights sometimes with a girl but you also love coming here alone, especially on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I also know that you like to pay in dollars.

Cold, hard American dollars.

Lump sums.

In cash.

Bingo.

And I found all that out in less than 23 minutes. Imagine how much I could unearth if I had a day!

What I haven't figured out, however is why you, and not one of your servants would decide to stalk a small fry like myself. I have nothing to offer you. And I find it extremely rude and intrusive.

I had to put an end to it. I can't be watching my back forever!

I know it sounds hypocritical, me being a PI, investigating people and then getting angry when someone trails me, but that's just a normal human response. It's the uncertainty that comes with it that's annoying.

See, if I trail someone, I know I'm not going to hurt the person. So in my mind, the person has nothing to worry about. If anything, I could protect them.

But when someone trails me, I don't know if they are assassins hired to do me in or ritualists wanting my head for their money making ceremony. And seeing that a billionaire's son is stalking me, the ritual idea doesn't seem so far fetched.