Chapter 1 - The Photograph

Well, hey to everyone! This is going to be the first story I write on Wattpad and I hope that everyone likes it!!! I had started writing this story on paper when I found Wattpad and I have yet to decide the drama and stuff and the first chapter maybe kinda... yucky? I don't know...

So, well here's what I'm planning to do if someone's ever going to read this... The first person who comments this, I'll fan that person and give him or her a dedication... And the second person gets me as a fan...

I hope its a fair deal and if you want you can tell me and I may probably change the deal things and all... Anyway, enough with the talking, here's the FIRST CHAPTER!

Ray's Pov

My feet hurt. My hands hurt. My whole body hurt. The cold was horrible, damning me to an existence in the ice age. There was a wind which kept slapping my face and it seemed like it was laughing at me. I clenched my fists and brought my legs close to my body. Today was November 21st. And it was freezing outside especially since a coat had been denied to my poor body. And I was out in the streets, hungry, thirsty, cold, sick and homeless.

Yeah, I was homeless. My father kicked me out of the house three years back when I was fourteen. It wasn't my fault, really, I had small preferences to the wrong sex and that's what led me to disaster. The fact that I was gay almost murdered me.

As I sat, leaning my back against the brick factory wall, trying to keep warm, my mind wandered back to that fateful night, three years back when I decided to come out of the closet and tell my parents that I was gay.

Flashback - Three Years Back

"Honey, we're going out! We'll back in time for dinner!" my mom called out from downstairs.

"Take all the time you want. Have a good time!" I shouted back.

I heard the door close and the engine of a car starting and sighed. I was stuck at home; I had homework to finish. I glanced at the clock. It was almost five. My mind whirred and I closed my books and lay down on the bed. I put my hand on my forehead and stared at my pale blue ceiling. A horrible sense of dread filled me and I wondered if today was the last day I would see my ceiling of all things.

I thought about how I was a closet gay. Maybe, it was time I told them I was gay. I mean, they had to know sometime, so why not now? I had to tell them. I didn't want to think about what may happen after that. They may accept me or they may not. Doing this wasn't exactly something that was on top of my To-Do List.

I must have drifted off while I lay in bed because the next thing I knew, my mom was shaking me awake, looking extremely worried. Her eyes were narrowed and she had the worry lines she almost always wore spread on her forehead.

"Ray, honey, get up. Dinner's ready."

"Yeah, give me a minute," I muttered sleepily and sat up, rubbing my eyes. I got up and went down, after making sure I looked presentable enough to sit at the table. Dearest Daddy didn't like finding my hair haywire and my clothes askew or drool lines trailing down my lips. Needless to say, he was a very conservative man and sometimes that brought the worst in him. Needless to say, when the beast came out from inside him, I had no choice but to backfire. 

I climbed my way downstairs to the kitchen where my dad and mom were already sitting, filling their stomachs with pasta. Becca, my younger sister smiled as I entered the room and I couldn't help but smile back at her. She was a cute little thing, always insisting on two pigtails which I found adorable on her.

I sat down next to my mom and piled up my plate. I dug in, suddenly feeling very nervous. I couldn't eat. I put my fork down after a few swallows and played with the food. Was this a wrong idea? Was I being a stupid idiot and about to blurt out something so serious? Would I be put on a train headed straight to hell? Meanwhile, my dad and mom were busy in discussion and their conversation made me cringe.