TRAILER (Video Above)

What kind of book would this be if it didn't have a video of its own? This trailer was inspired by many of the books I've read here on Wattpad. When I made it, I hoped to capture a small glimpse of the various genres that might find their way into this book.

The above trailer was created in Adobe After Effects, and then imported into iMovie to complete the audio portion. Yeah, I'm aware can do the audio in After Effects as well. But honestly? I find it easier to lay in the multiple layers of sound in iMovie. In fact, in the above piece, there are up to four different audio components playing all at once.

More specifically, the scene with the zombie popping out of the ground, has the epic theme music playing, the film strip sound, a monster's roar and the noise of a shovel digging. Maybe watch and listen again to see if you can hear them all. Throughout this short one minute clip, there is a total of twelve audio sounds and eighteen video clips played.

I know, I know, you're probably thinking who has the time to put something like this together. Well, making trailers takes surprising less time than you think. I would not be considered an expert movie maker by any means; all of my knowledge has been completely self-taught. But to give you an idea of the time commitment, the clip above took me about five hours to complete, and the one I made for The Dream Weaver took me only four hours. Writing, editing, and publishing one chapter for my fantasy book would typically take me more time than both of these projects did combined.

The best part of making the videos, has been the reader feedback and support for them. My thoughts? They are completely worth the effort.

Would you like some tips and tricks on how to create your own video. Ask in the comments below and I'll see if I can find out an answer for you.