Chapter 22

You stayed at Touka's café for a while — almost two hours, which particularly annoyed Adrien and Juuzou. The both of them just sulked in their corners the whole time, while you were happily talking with your old friend and with some other waiters, like this blue haired short boy and his crimson eyed friend.
But seeing that Juuzou and Adrien weren't very pleased with this, you decided to leave, after getting Touka's address and Ciel's phone number — the short boy's name was Ciel, apparently.

"For how long are you two going to be mad at me?" you complained, walking on the streets of Ikebukuro with your two friends.
They didn't answer.
They both were so immature, honestly. Just because you wanted to stay at this café, they got mad. And they didn't talk at all since then.
"It's not like I care if Juuzou's mad at me, he often is. But Adrien! You're never mad at me like that, usually." you whined, tugging onto Adrien's sleeve, and discretely smirking at Juuzou, whose face was showing obvious disappointment.
"Come on, Adrien. Don't be such a kid." you said, in a serious tone, narrowing your [E/C] eyes.
Seeing that he wasn't reacting at all, you added, in a murmur, "You remember that black and white haired guy I stalked the other day?" you smiled a bit, noticing that Adrien's gaze finally landed on you, "Well, if you keep ignoring me, I'll just call him. He probably won't get mad at me for such stupid things, compared to you."

You noticed how Adrien got jealous so easily, you didn't have to do much to provoke him.
"And you're calling me a kid." the blond teen scoffed, rolling his eyes.
You didn't say anything, waiting for him to explain why he was calling you a kid, when he was the one acting so immaturely.
"You're saying that if I don't talk to you, you'll just go talk to a guy you barely know instead, right? So that means you're doing this for my attention. If you weren't desperately trying to get my attention, you would've just called that guy without telling me about it. So, I personally think that you're the most childish one here." he stated, a proud grin drawing his lips.
You blinked a few times before understanding what he said, and after that, you just silently walked next to him, your cheeks completely red — usually, you were the one teasing the others, not the other way around. And, usually, you always had something to retort ; but this time, you just stayed silent. Simply because you had nothing else to say.

"Do you even know where we're going?" Adrien asked, sighing deeply.
You shrugged. Yes, you used to live in Tokyo. Yes, you know every single street here. But you didn't know how to find your classmates.
"I'm tired, [Name]–chan! We're never going to find them." Juuzou cried, slowly walking behind you.
You ignored him, and stared at the beautiful buildings and colourful lights of the city.
It seemed incredibly calm, though. Ikebukuro was known for its dangerous gangs, and you knew it was true. There really were weird people here.

Ironically, just as you thought that, a yell broke the silence.

"IZAYA!"

You ignored it, you were kind of used to these weird screams. But Adrien seemed really startled by it.
"W-What was that?" he stuttered out, tugging onto your sleeve.
"I don't know, probably someone really mad at someone else." you simply answered, shrugging, and peacefully continuing your walk.
"D-Don't you think that we should start looking for our classmates, though? It's late now. A-And weird people are everywhere." he asked, shivering.
"That's what we're doing Adrien, we're looking for them." you sighed loudly, slightly chuckling at Adrien's scared expression.

The same yell was heard a few minutes later. You, again, ignored it, it was just two people fighting — but oh, how wrong you were. It wasn't just two people fighting.

Before you could even understand what was happening, everything became white, and then, completely black.

You slowly opened your eyes ; your vision was slightly blurry. You could only see white walls everywhere around you. You weren't able to move your body, or your head. Just your eyes.
You blinked a few times until you could see clearly again — you didn't really remember what was the last thing you saw, you just remembered blacking out a few hours ago. Or was it yesterday? Or the day before that?
"What the fuck..." you muttered to yourself, feeling extremely dizzy.
"Hey, [Name], you're awake?" a familiar voice asked, in a worried tone.
Your eyes turned towards the voice, and you weren't surprised to see a pair of green orbs staring down at you.
"What happened?" you weakly questioned, coughing a bit.
The blond boy chuckled nervously before answering,

"Well... Would you believe me if I told you that you got hit by a vending machine flying through the air?"