Chapter 30 - oh god

Start from the beginning

Minutes of silence passed between us. The ice was 10 metres thick, with complete Awkwardness.

This is not how I wanted everything to go. I wanted to have talks with her, chat all night long, feel the hour as a minute. But instead, is was all the other way around.

The waiter came with the plates, placing them in front of us. And yet again, his eyes darted and sealed on every inch of her body.

Even I have never done such a thing.

She looked at me as I grabbed my fork, making my head shoot up to meet her eyes. I smiled holding the fork, as her hand reached to her fork.

I dug the fork in the chocolate coated strawberry, leading it to her lips. She smiled warmly looking at me, before she opened them softly.

Just as it neared her mouth, it fell off the fork.

On her dress.

Oh god.

"Oh my god, I am extremely sorry, " my face fell, reddened, and heatened, as I began to stutter.

"No, it's fine," she said before the waiter came back handing her the napkin, smirking.

"Need help on emotional states, sir?" He said before leaving Ruby and I.

"That was odd," Ruby semi - chuckled right after he left making me frown. "Yeah, I'm doing everything oddly enough to make you not want this again" my eyebrows furrowed, a frown clear on my face.

This was the last thing I would've wanted to see for this night.

"Riker, of course not," she said after stroking the napkin over the stain. "You'd probably want to leave for that waiter and I just-"

" he's much younger than me, don't exaggerate a simple mistake you did. And I uh," she paused reaching for my hand. " I'm mostly attracted to older blondes, whose names start with an R."

"My dance friend, Robert? "

"No, silly. I like you," she smiled rubbing my hands softly. "Well, you certainly don't after the long, awkward date," I looked down scratching the back of my neck. "This might've been the worst date you went on."

"Honey, no," she spoke softly before bring her chair right next to me. "Not just because a little awkwardness arrised between us, means that the date is officially bad, or off the table."

"Riker, you worked almost seven months just to earn my trust. You waited for me. You protected me. I used to panic nearing a guy, and I let your lips press on mine. I let you hold my daughter, the most precious thing I own. I'm not throwing all of that away because of a date that was a little awkward, in fact this is the best date I've ever had. Know why?"

I shook my head no, as her smile formed slowly, making my hands wrap around her side, " because it's with you, Riker. Anything with you would be magical. This is just a first date, not everything would go perfect,
But most of it will. Getting to be with you was the best part. So even though you don't like how this went, how about we have a little movie cuddle? With Lexi just like you wanted."

"Are you asking me out on a date, precious,?" I held her against my side ad she rested her head on my chest, nodding. "Well, I'd love to."

Hailey's P.O.V.

Weeks later

"Hailey, baby I'm leaving for the set, alright?" I heard Ross say, shaking me slightly and softly.

I rubbed my eyes, my head still lying on the soft mattress of his bed.

Opening my eyes, his soft hazel ones shone into me, as I looked at his blond hair.