87

Song for the chapter: Us Against The World by Coldplay

~~~

"The tightrope that I'm walking just sways and ties. The devil, as he's talking, with those angel eyes. And I just want to be there when lightening strikes and the saints go marching in. And sing, slow it down through chaos as it swirls, it's us against the world."

Harry's P.O.V

Something about the way Sarah had pulled me away from the crowd, just wanting to talk to me, made me the happiest man alive. I don't even think Derek could be as joyed as I was right now.

Maybe she wanted to talk about the little ways I was making physical contact, just in the heat of needing her and having her right next to me. She looks fucking beautiful tonight, but she also does everyday.

"Is everything alright Sarah?" She had been walking in front of me, my hand in hers. She was pulling me off to somewhere quiet, where nobody would see us talking or possibly coming together again.

"I just need to talk to you, in private." I stop walking behind Sarah, resulting in her turning around. "We've been somewhere secluded for feet now Sarah." Her eyes wander around the backyard, noticing all the tress and absence of people.

"What's wrong?" My body moves closer to hers, desperately wanting to figure out what's going on in that perfect mind of hers. She looked a little nervous and confused about what she initially wanted to talk about.

My hand reaches up to cup her face, hoping she'll allow the contact. She had been okay with me touching her all night, and I had been thankful for every second of it. She makes me feel young again, as if nothing had ever fucked up my mind.

"I just don't know what to say anymore or how to act." Sarah looks down at her feet, breaking the conversation. "With us it's always been complicated." Her brows were furrowed together, looking down at the ground. I just wish there was a way for me to tell her everything without losing her.

"Yes, but there's your keyword, "always." It's always us Sarah, we don't go with anyone else." I place my thumb under her chin, making her look into my eyes. "Falling in love is scary, but it can also be absolutely fucking amazing only if I have you." Sarah smiles, letting her eyes land on my face.

"But when we try, it always doesn't work out Harry." Her hands leave mine, making an involuntary shiver run through my body. "You need to realize that you can't say whatever you want and expect it to all be okay. You can't leave the country without telling me, then come back on a whim. Harry you can't make me sit around like an idiot any longer." All the crap that Sarah was talking about just now made me realize how much I could've been hurting her. I never meant to start a war with her, it just happened because of my nature.

"I know Sarah and I'm meaning to change, I really am. It's just taking longer than I expected." The music at the party starts getting louder, making it harder for us to hear each other.

"I know you can't just change your ways overnight, but can't you at least sometimes use common sense?" I could now tell that Sarah was taking out all the anger that was bottled up inside of her because of me. She was pacing back and fourth, pretty much shouting at me.

"Love can make a man crazy Sarah." She stops walking around, making me inch closer to her now that she has calmed. "I've never done this before, loving someone is completely new to me. It's scaring the shit out of me, but I want to face this fear for you." Her head turns to look at me, hope evident in her eyes.