Chapter 8: A plan is born

"Try not to be late again," Jade whined to Zach as she got off his motorcycle and gave him her helmet.

"I won't, I won't stop nagging me!"

"I'm not nagging you; I just don't want to almost get raped again that's all!" Jade plainly said. Zach laughed and revved his motorcycle.

"Don't worry about it! Any guy tries to hurt you I will permanently rearrange their face."

"Is that a promise?" Jade asked.

"Fuck yea! No one touches my girl and gets away with it," Zach said.

Jade crossed her arms and smiled. "Your girl?" she asked questioningly.

"Yea….umm….my sister girl," Zach said. Jade raised her eyebrow and giggled.

"Ok…whatever! See you!" Jade watched Zach speed off and smiled. She couldn't deny the feelings she had for him. It may not be normal, but they were there and she couldn't do a damn thing about it. He seemed to be showing the same for her, but how could she be sure of that? Love worked in mysterious ways! But, what if this wasn't love she felt for him, but lust? It could possibly be lust!

"I hate it when you look like that," a familiar singsong voice said behind Jade. "You look as though you're lost in thought and can't be disturbed. It's really creepy!"

"I'm sorry that I can't look normal when I'm thinking, but I have way too much on my mind Olivia," Jade said turning around.

Olivia pouted and threw her arms around Jade's shoulders. "What's wrong?"

"This problem is going to have to be solved without your help this time."

"Why is that? Is it really embarrassing or because it has to deal with me?" Olivia asked. Jade looked at her friend and took a step forward.

"It's just really embarrassing, but I promise I will tell you later once I get myself together." Jade informed Olivia. 

"As long as you promise that," Olivia said following behind Jade. She removed her arm off of Jade's shoulders and jumped in her way. "Guess what I did, that you're going to love me for?"

"Please don't tell me you signed us up for something stupid," Jade told her, her face falling to a depressing look.

"No! I signed you up with the Dean of Student Housing, so you can get a dorm," Olivia excitedly said.

"Really!?" Jade said happily.

"Yea, but the bad news is your going to have to wait for a while because there isn't any dorm room available at this time. But, more good news is that you're on a list of students wanting a dorm, so whenever a dorm opens up you can move in." 

"I can't believe it. I could live on campus!" Jade yelled. She grabbed Olivia's hands and spun her in a circle, then incasing her in a hug. "Thank you so much!"

"It wasn't a big deal. I mean all those times you bitched about living with your stepbrother are finally going to pay up. I just helped get you through the door, so to speak. We could be living on campus together!" Jade's smile faded and she slumped her shoulders. She would be leaving Zach if she got that dorm room! She couldn't wait to leave, to strive away from family or to get away from his annoyance. But, suddenly she didn't want to leave him! 

"Hmm…yea," Jade muttered. 

"So, we should celebrate!" Olivia said.

"Celebrate what? I haven't gotten the dorm room yet!" Jade reminded Olivia.

"We can celebrate me getting you signed up for a dorm," Olivia selfishly said. 

"How do you turn everything around and make it about you!?" 

Olivia brightly smiled and flung her hair back. "So, it's agreed! Why don't we eat out tonight?"

"I can't," Jade said. 

Olivia frowned. "Why not? It's not like you have anything to do!"

"That's not true," Jade told Olivia. Jade stretched and looked over at Olivia, who had spaced herself from her. "I have to work tonight!"

"Work? What is that foreign word that has spewed from your mouth?" Olivia said placing her hands on her chest.

"You know that thing most people do to support themselves," Jade joked. "That thing your parents do to make sure you don't have to do a damn thing later on in your life!"

"Are you saying I'm spoiled?" Olivia asked.

"Yes I am!" Jade admitted. Olivia huffed and crossed her arms. "You know it's true!" 

Jade knew just as much anybody else that Olivia's parents spoiled her to death. Olivia's parents were both big time lawyers of a big time firm. Their cream of the crop, Olivia Parker, was their one and only pride and joy. They wanted more children, but Olivia's mom was in a very bad accident causing her not able to have anymore. Mrs. and Mr. Parker decided to make sure their, one and only, daughter was financial wealthy in any sense. Olivia never had to lift a finger in her life, all she really had to do was keep her grades up and go to college. The Parker's didn't care what she picked as a major, just that she makes it through four years of the college life. What kind of person wouldn't want that kind of life? Jade however didn't envy her friend because she always got the feeling that Olivia wasn't ever happy!

"Whatever! Where are you working at?" Olivia asked.

"My brother called in a favor to the manager of Barnes and Nobles, so I'm currently working there."

"I can't believe you of all people are working in a bookstore, but I guess money is money!" Olivia said. "So, are there any hott guys working at this so called 'bookstore'?" 

"None that I can think of," Jade said, knowing it was nothing, but a lie. She didn't have a chance to look at her fellow coworkers, but Josh was pretty cute, except she really didn't want to lose him to Olivia. She grabbed her checks with her had and gasped. She liked Josh and everything, but she didn't really see him as potential boyfriend material. Not to mention she was going to try to explore her relationship with Zach, even though it may have dire consequences to it. She just had to know if something was between them other then a brother, sister relationship. So, why not tell Olivia about Josh, they could possibly get together and be happy! It could possibly be a way to make him forget about her! "Well there is this one guy named Josh. He's 23 and he's pretty cute!"

This time Olivia was the one lost in thought, as she stared at Jade curiously. "Maybe I should take you to work today," Olivia finally said. "But, for now we better hurry to class." Jade caught a slight glint of mischievousness in Olivia's eye, but paid it no mind, following after the blond headed girl.

Jade's classes were usually dull, but not so dull she would fall asleep. But, today went by way to fast for her. First she was in Psych class then the next thing she knew she was waiting for Olivia to take her to work. Jade had made sure to call Zach at home to tell him she wouldn't need him today and he sounded mildly disappointed!

"Come on Jade let's go," Olivia said waving from her little, dark blue, bug car. Jade ran to the car and got in. "So, I think I know where this 'bookstore' is, but just in case tell me if I am going the right way or not."

"Why exactly are you taking me to work?" Jade asked curiously. 

Starting the car and placing both her hands on the steering wheel, Olivia laughed. "Because I care that you get there on time and I don't think you should be counting on Zach to take you. Weren't you the one who's always complaining how he's so late all the time?" Olivia asked. When Jade didn't respond Olivia said, "I thought so, now let me get your sorry ass to work."

"I don't have to be there for another thirty minutes. What's the rush?" Jade asked as Olivia pulled into traffic harshly, leaving a skid mark behind.

"Just want to make sure we can make it in time," Olivia breathlessly let out. Jade looked over at her friend as she jerked the steering wheel ruthlessly, trying to turn a corner. She was going to die in this small car! After a gruesome twenty minute drive with Olivia, Jade was more than ecstatic about work, once the car came to a screeching halt in front of the store. 

"Woohoo, doesn't this car ride nice?" Olivia shouted at Jade. Jade was clutching at her chest and frantically breathing. 

"How the fuck did you ever get a driver's license!?" Jade asked, hurrying to get out the car. When she tried to stand up her legs felt like jelly and her hands were shaking. Jade slowly walked to the store and straightened herself up. She looked at her disheveled reflection in the glass of the store's door. Jade quickly patched her hair back and fixed her clothes, as Olivia made it to her side.

"If that's how your sorry ass thanks me for a ride, then I think I won't be helping you anytime soon!" Olivia told Jade, sticking her tongue out.

"Trust me, it's going to have to be an absolute emergency before I ever ride with you again," Jade said truthfully. She opened the door for Olivia. "Trust me on that one!" When Jade walked in she noticed Josh talking to a customer and ducked behind Olivia.

"Wh…What are you doing?" Olivia asked looking back at Jade.

"I just don't want to talk to someone right now," Jade lied, but it wasn't all much of one. Jade didn't know what to say to Josh at the moment. After, coming on to him, the other day, she couldn't possibly act as though nothing ever happened between the two of them. He was too nice of a guy to deserve any of that. She had to think of a good way to let him down first and get him with Olivia!

"Jade…" Josh's voice called her. Jade bit her bottom lip and squeezed her eyes tightly together.

"Oh my who's that!?" Olivia seductively said. 

"Shut up! Walk backwards out the door and take me home," Jade whispered and grabbed the back of Olivia's shirt.

"Why?" Josh said. Jade bowed her head and looked down at a pair of shoes facing her. She let go of Olivia's shirt and stood up, smoothing out her outfit. 

"Umm...because…I think I forgot…" Jade sputtered. "To introduce you to my friend Olivia Parker, Olivia this is my boss Josh Wittiker!" Olivia smiled flirtingly and shook his hand. 

"Hi! Jade has told me so little about you," Olivia said. 

Josh frowned at Olivia and looked back a Jade with a smile. "Jade you're early, but I like to see that kind of enthusiasm in my employees." Josh looked at her sweetly and Jade couldn't help, but smile. "Oh by the way, there are some new books that are going to have to be shoveled!"

"Ok, I'll just get on it!" Jade said, trying to say anything that could get her out of this big mess and away from him.

"Hmmm… Mr. Wittiker may I please speak to you?" Olivia said, grabbing his arm. "If you wouldn't mind I would love to see the rest of the store!" Josh looked at Jade, as if begging to be saved. Maybe, the hook-up plan wasn't going to work after all! 

Olivia pulled Josh along the way and he faked a smile. "Oh Olivia," Jade shouted, a happy look formed on Josh's face. "Have fun girl!" Josh's smile faded and Jade smiled sickly at him sending him a little wave. All she had to do now was get Josh to fall for Olivia, but how could she do that? He certainly didn't have any interest in her whatsoever! How the hell was she suppose to come up with something when she was so stressed!?