I hurriedly walk back to headquarters, and nearly run into Andrea as I turn my head away from the hallway. Her folders crumple against me and fall, littering the floor. We both stumble back, and seconds later a sullen looking Rose appears from behind Andrea.

"Sorry sir, I wasn't looking at where I was going." She says as she kneels to pick her things up quickly. Just before she puts her hand over it, I see a yellowed and folded note from underneath her folder. I pretend not to notice, and instead focus on Rose.

"Hello Rose." I say, nodding to her. But she only scowls, making her hands into fists as Andrea stands. Clearly they haven't been getting along.

"No." Rose snaps back, turning her back and glaring at the floor. "I don't wanna stay with her anymore!"

I look at Andrea, and she replies with a shrug. "I don't know, she just doesn't like me. Trust me, I've tried to cooperate with her."

From the corner of my eye I see Rose trying to slip away, but I grab her arm and slowly pull her towards me. It's probably time to pretend like Rose is leaving, or else Andrea will tell Trent about her.

"It's fine, Rose is leaving today anyways." I say, and I feel a tiny pair of fingers pinching my shirt. Andrea studies me closely, as if trying to figure out what I know. Trust me woman, I know. Well, I will know once I figure out where that note went.

Andrea shuffles the folders in her arms, faking a curious face. "Say, where did she come from?" She's trying to test me.

I give a minute shrug, and casually reply. "Don't know, but I'm having my men take her back to wherever it is."

The moment I tell her those first two words, she relaxes, but straightens up again and gives a smile. "I'll be going then. See you. You too, Rose." She calls out as she walks away. Rose makes a face at her back, before looking up at me.

"Am I really going back? I don't like Trent." She says and furrows her brows mentioning his name. I shake my head, leading her away from others. I quickly scan access into my room, and walk in with Rose following behind.

"No, but you can't have Andrea see you here anymore. She could tell Trent about where you are." I say, grabbing some papers from my desk and stuffing them into my pocket.

Rose claps her hands happily, but I quickly shush her. If I'm going to keep a little girl here, I'm going to have to do it quietly. But I need to find someone who'll keep her safe and hidden. At least until Trent gives up looking for her and she's presumed dead.

"You're going to stay here, understand? Stay. Here. Don't go outside, just..." I trail off, looking for something to keep her busy. What would a child want to play with? I don't have any toys...ah. I pick up a soft rubber knife, handing it to her.

"You can mess around with this. It's too soft to do any harm." I say, and she takes it, looking at it closely and poking at the ground with it. Moments later, she begins waving it around, pretending to kill invisible enemies.

I exit the pod, nodding to some people as they pass by me. Andrea can't take care of her, and Ethan most definitely won't be able to either. So who else is there?

Her name popped up in my mind just as quickly as I shook my head. You know, sometimes you just can't stop from having someone intervene in your life, can you?

But you also can't stop from taking risks.

I head forward, to the well known pod 1. My movements were slightly jerky, like my mind was trying to turn me around but my legs refused to stop. The halls are eerily still, even though it's not that late. I stand in front of the door for the second time again. It feels almost like a continuous cycle. Repeatedly encountering her, arguing, and then coming back. A stupid, annoying, continuous cycle of unnecessary stress.

I don't even bother knocking, instead scanning in and walking right in. I see Ray standing in the middle, shirt in hand  with a confused expression. No, she wasn't shirtless. A sudden wave of nervousness erupts inside of me. What am I supposed to say? 'Hello Ray. I know we just got out of a fight and you probably hate me but do you think you can take care of this girl?' No. Absolutely not.

I watch her expressions, from confusion, to anger, to curiosity and then uncertainty masking her face. It's clear that she wasn't expecting me, and even more clear that she's still irritated.

"Okay. I know, I know that everything going on right now is fucked up. Completely fucked up. But I just need you to comply with me. I don't know what to do with Rose. And I don't know anyone else but you to take care of her and hide her. This is sudden, I know, and you probably want to murder me but I really need you to do this for me..?" I end in a question, unsure of what she'll say.

"..Please." I finish, darting my tongue out to wet my lips before drying them again. She stared at me for a couple seconds, face blank.

Moments of silence pass, me growing more and more fidgety while she stared. It's supposed to be the other way around. I should be staring at her and she should be jumping around. Finally, she speaks.

"You're fucking insane." She still had on a poker face, arms crossed over her chest. Not that I was staring at her chest. Not that it matters if I did. But I didn't.

I lift one of the corners of my mouth slightly.

"I think I know that."

She shakes her head, slowly turning to put on her boots and lace them up. She stands again, brushing past me, bumping into my shoulder. She opens the door, waiting for me to pass.

"Lead the way."

I raise my brows, watching her as I walk through into the hallway.

"So that's a yes?"

She gives a minute shrug, the door closing shut behind her.

"We'll see."