Ch.9 Still A Good Day

Hey so Stiles is 16 in high school and Derek in 20 finally showing back up at Beacon Hills.

So watch the video or at least listen to the song while you read it. Tell me if you get tears.
Enjoy!

Stiles rolled out of bed and fell on the floor. The sunlight soaked into his pale skin as he got up and walked into the bathroom. He ruffled his hair that had grown out to about and inch or two. Stiles smiled at himself in the mirror. It was a good day so far.

Scott hasn't told him something stupid to ruin his day. John was at work not here to tell him to do homework or clean his very clean room. And there was still no sign of his mate Derek returning with his Alpha sister Laura coming back after all these years. But Stiles did sure miss those bright electric blue eyes of his. Boy he missed them dearly.

Other then that small lose it was still a good day. Yes no school. It was Sunday. But tomorrow is the first day of school. Summer was finally over. Sad but Stiles was still happy. Even though this is another year of not making the field for lacrosse or Lydia Martin completely ignoring him. Yeah still a good day.

Stiles brushed his teeth and took a shower. It was a hot shower. Stiles likes them more. The numb feeling after a few minutes. It was like the thing he needed in a day. To feel numb. After a long hot shower Stiles got out and got dressed. He pulled on a pair of jeans, a blue shirt, and a blue plaid over shirt. Stiles smiled at the two missed calls from Scott on his phone before grabbing his shoes and going downstairs. Even with the missed calls it was still a good day.

Stiles slipped his shoes on and went to the kitchen. He grabbed an apple and walked to the back door. It was a nice day out. Good for a hike through the woods. Stiles finished his apple and grabbed his ear buds. He plugged into his phone and tuned out the world. Walking through the woods Stiles breathed in deep with a smile. Still a good day. Stiles loves the woods.

His hands now in his pockets Stiles approached the old Hale house half burnt as always. He sighed as he walked up the porch. Stiles stopped his music on his favorite song too. Bonfire by Slow Kids At Play. He wrapped his phone in his ear buds and pushed them down in his pocket before pushing the door open.

It made that normal loud squeaking noise it always dose when he comes to visit. Stiles smiled at the fun memories he has of the house. In his mind it's not falling appart. In his mind its not burnt. In his mind the Hales still live there and await his arivle everyday. They smile and great him. Well not all of them. Sadly. Just Talia and Cora. Derek being with Laura somewhere and Peter in that coma thingy.

Even just them is good enough. Every once and awhile Stiles would remember when he was six and see him and Derek. But not today. Today it was just Talia's greeting smile with Cora's cute little cheers. That's right. Cora's still that little fifth grader Stiles remembers along with Talia. They haven't changed.

Stiles smiled as he sees Cora run by going up to her room to play. Mind you when the house burnt she lost her room. The only rooms still sorta there is Derek an Peter's rooms. They wer le on that side of the house not as gone as the other.

Stiles walks upstairs to Derek's room. He smiles as he enters the memory filled room. It's only a little scorched on one side. Stiles sighs with a small frown towards the pictures that sadly didn't make it from their place on the dresser. But thankfully Stiles' copies servived in Derek's nightstand.

Stiles opened the drawer and pulled out the small polaroids. He smiles flipping through them as a tear falls from his eye. He goes to whip it away but leaves it thinking back to when he first was away from Derek. Stiles sighed putting the pictures back.

He likes to leave the house the way it was last. He doesn't want to take anything away from the spirits trapped there. An it's not like someone will steal pictures from an old house that lost it valuables in a fire years ago.

Stiles stands and follows the memory Cora downstairs. He sits with her and Talia in the living room. He smiles at them before getting up to stand. Cora smiles large at him with Talia as they walk him out.

"Good-bye Stiles. It was nice seeing you today. Till tomorrow." Talia smiled with a wave. Cora just waved a 'good-bye' an a smile. The images fade away as Stiles waves, walking back into the woods. He smiled at them until he turned and was just smiling at himself. He put his ear buds in and finished Bonfire.

Even with all the memories and sadness. Today was still a good day.

Till tomorrow he thought.

Oo. Groosume. I like though. How Stiles sees it the way he had forgotten. But isn't it sad how he didn't get to spend more time with the family. And remember beck when Cora said she wanted to play lacrosse like Derek maybe even with Stiles and Scott one day? Now she's dead. So sad. I'm crying. Oh do you like what I did adding Dylan O'brien's band in there? I think it was clever.
StayFlyMePoptarts
:'(
~Brooka