Chapter 1

*Four Years Later* (You're both 10 now)

Your POV:

How am I going to tell him? I thought to myself and paced around my bedroom that was stacked with boxes. How am I going to tell him that I'm leaving? We've been together for far too long. I can't just leave him to fend for himself. Not that he isn't capable of it himself. I looked at the clock and quickly grabbed my bag for school. My family and I are moving to the village 'Hidden in the Leaves'. My father got a better spot as a ninja there that he did in this village, 'Hidden in the Sand'. They're going to pick my siblings and I up from school.

I trudged my way to the school. I worried about the way Gaara would react when I told him that I was leaving. We've been there for each other forever. And now I'm just going to get up and leave? I hate having to do this, but I could never face my parents and argue with them. Gaara doesn't know about my family. I don't know how considering that everyone else at the school does.

I finally made it to school and walked into the classroom where everyone sat and chatted away until the teacher came in. We were learning a new jutsu today.

*Timeskip To Recess*

"Gaara." I said as I walked up to him. "Hey (y/n)." He greeted with a small smile. I smiled back but as soon as I thought about the reason I was speaking to him today, it turned to a frown. "What's the matter?" He asked curiously tilting his head. I smiled slightly at his adorableness but then again, I had to answer his question.

"There is something I need to tell you Gaara." He waited for me to go on and I took a deep breath. Almost through tears I reluctantly told him the news. "I'm moving." I lowered my head. I looked up slightly to see Gaara's eyes widened and tear up. "W-What? Where? Why?" He asked, his voice slowly getting more desperate for the devestating answers that were going to be given. "My parents said we were moving to the village 'Hidden in the Leaves'."

"You can't go!" He shouted desperately as soon as I finished the sentence.

That was the moment I felt my heart shatter. His cries of emotional pain tore through me. He ran up and hugged me tightly as if I was going to run away from him. "Don't leave me alone." He whispered in a shaky voice. I felt his tears land on the crook of my neck as well as my own tears that went down my face as well. I hugged the slightly taller boy back just as tightly. "I'm sorry Gaara." I whispered. His shoulders shook as he sobbed uncontrollably. "I just can't fight them on it.." I said shamefully.

Gaara's POV:

I pulled back and looked into her eyes. "W-What do you mean you can't fight them!?" I shouted at her in anger but I knew that she knew I wasn't mad at her. "You're the strongest person I know (y/n)! You cant go....how will I turn out to be?! I always had you when they picked on me....I can't deal with them on my own!" Tears poured down both of our faces as I hugged her tighter, not letting her go. "My parents are coming to get me soon.....and I'm not as strong as you think Gaara." She whispered. My heart dropped even lower. "What do you mean by that?!" I asked even more angered as she talked herself down. "I can't tell you that yet." She whispered. "Maybe you'll find out in the future if we see each other again." She replied quietly once more.

"(Y/n) please tell me what you mean?!" I asked desperately, tears streaming down my face like a waterfall as I held her by her shoulders. She looked in my eyes as she pulled back. "Gaara, all I ask from you is to never forget me. Remember everything I ever told you, and don't forget everything we went through together." I let more tears come out as I hugged her again. "I can't live without someone to love me though (y/n). Please don't leave me.." I whimpered. "Gaara, I'll always love you." (In a friendly way cause you know, you're both like 10) "I will too...." I replied.

"(Y/n)! Your parents are here to get you!" One of the teachers called out. She pulled away but I desperately tried to keep her from leaving me. "No! You can't go, (y/n) please!!" My pain filled cries were heard throughout the playground. "Gaara, I'm sorry." (Y/n) whispered through tears and walked away. That was it...She was gone. I fell to my knees screeching in my emotional agony. Not again! Please! I thought to myself as if this was all just a terrible nightmare.

My world was dark. I felt as if my heart was locked inside a cage and there was something guarding it that wouldn't let anyone unlock it...

I felt that my only purpose in life...was to return the feeling that everyone else made me feel. Though I don't know exactly how to make anyone feel emotional pain, my decision is to use extreme physical pain...death...

I was left alone...again...

Your POV:

His pleads for me to stay broke my heart. I had to hurry so my parents wouldn't get angry. I walked up to them and saw that they already picked up my two older sisters. We traveled for a long time. All the way from the Hidden Sand village to the Hidden Leaf village. We stopped for small breaks but they weren't long enough for me to recover. By the time we got to the Leaf village I was huffing and puffing for air, my hand on my chest in an attempt to bring my breathing back to normal.

I was already registered to a new jutsu school called Konoha. I met a lot of people. But no one spoke to me for a while, not until the last hour. Her name was Sakura. We made small talk, mainly because I didn't speak much. The only person I ever opened up to was Gaara.

And he was gone.

I could tell she was struggling to make me feel welcome there. It worked a little but not much. She wanted to hang out with me the next day. I happily agreed. I walked home but on the way I couldn't help but think in a pessimist way. She's only friends with me because she doesn't know about my family. I pondered on how Gaara was doing and only hoped he was doing well. I missed him so much.