Chapter 25

A/N: Hey darlings! I'm so thankful for those of you who have stuck with this story since the beginning.

I'm giving a special shout out to oliviasclub because she has pushed me to keep updating every time she finishes a chapter, so to you Olivia, I thank you. Now on with LWTBB. Peace out losers✌️!

Sterling's POV

Did I hear him right? Home? I stare down at Liam in disbelief. This is home. Oh, wait. He meant home, home. Like our first house, home.  I think.

"Liam, what do you mean?" I give him a quizzical look.

"If I ran away, I'd go to the only place I'll ever call home." Liam informed us. "Shane used to talk about going home all the time. I guess you never heard."

"How do you know that?" Eli demanded.

"Because I listen." Liam replied in a whisper.

"He's my twin, I listen to him too." Eli pouted.

"Not well enough, apparently." Spencer commented.

"Shut the hell up." Eli whipped around to face Spencer.

"Stop it. We still have to get Shane." I interject. I look down at my phone. 5:30. Shit. "Mr. Pikes will be home any minute now. We have to leave. Will pick up Shane on the way. Everyone in."

I walk over to the GMC and it. Noah hops into the front seat. I point him to the back. He groans but slides in next to Liam. I watch as the others get into the cars. They pull out of the driveway before I do. I'm the last to leave.

As I put the car in reverse, the sleek, black car that Mr. Pikes dries, blocks the driveway. I shift the gear back into park, and wait for him to move. He doesn't. He steps out of the car and walks toward the drivers' side. I roll the window down.

"Where are you all going?" He peers into the car and sees the boys in the back.

"We're going out." I say simply.

"Where are you going?" He pushes further.

"To the park." I speak the first words that come to mind.

"Alright. Don't get lost." He retreats back to his car. He moves it out if my way, and we're off.

********

We make our way to the other side of town. It takes us about half an hour. We come to a stop when I spot the rest of the family parked outside the old house. It looks the same as when we left it. I don't know why Shane would come here, I mean Dad doesn't live here anymore.

I head over to Griffin and Isaac. They are in deep conversation. As I approach, they finally see me.

"Thank God you're here." Griffin sighs.

"Shane's not here." Isaac growls.

"What? Where else can he be?" I look around the neighborhood, trying to find the slightest piece of evidence that Shane might've been here.

"I don't know, but we're wasting time. We need to get Liam to the hospital. Sooner or later, he'll get sick again." Griffin informs us.

"I know." I pinch the bridge of my nose. What am I supposed to do?

I motion for the rest of the boys an Rae to gather round. They shuffle in my direction. I don't know how I'm supposed to handle this situation.

"Okay. It looks to be like Shane's-"

"Shane!" Liam leaves the group and runs down the street. We turn to see where he's going and, sure enough, there's Shane. Thank The Lord.

*********
Shane's POV

I see all I them gathered in front of the old house. I can't tell what they're saying. A split-second later, Liam's running straight at me. He jumps up into my arms.

"Hey, Liam." I say.

"Hi." His eyes start to water and his bottom lip quivers.

"What's wrong?"

"Please don't leave again." He cries into my shoulder.

"I won't, I won't. I promise."

"Pinky promise?"  His big eyes stare at me.

"My pinky promises." I wrap my pinky around his tiny finger. "How'd you guys know I'd be here?"

"I knew. You used to talk about it all the time. I remembered."

"Thanks, Liam. I'm glad you did." I keep him in my arms as we make our way to the rest of them.

They all have a look I relief on their faces. All except for Sterling. Figures.

A/N: Hello my darlings! Sorry this chapter was a little short, but I hope you enjoyed it! Please comment and vote! It really means a lot to me!! Peace out losers✌️!