c h • 13

random fact: 7 and 14 are my lucky numbers

🌸🌸🌸
nymphadora's pov
23.03.2016 :: part 1

heat. that is the first thing i register among other things, like
the sun that is shining almost too bright today and a funny scent in my room.
well, not bad funny, but funny different.
i have to squint a little in order to be able to see anything without feeling like my eyes will pop right out of my head. as i open my eyes, though, i stare up at the ceiling- my boring, old ceiling.
in the rehabilitation centre.
i have amnesia, don't i?
a sudden feeling of sadness takes over me as i try to call for someone. maybe i'm too weak, and i have a few tubes attached to my arms and whatnot.
making use of the bell that was kept near my bed for the first time, i buzz it and wait for someone to come.
a brunette comes rushing in immediately, and stares at me wide-eyed. "you're awake," she states, stupidly, and i almost roll my eyes at this.
she quickly runs back out as i remember her name- brenda. one of the nicest and warmest nurses around here.
i try to sit up just as brenda re-enters, with two other people this time.
i recognise the first as doctor shelby. "nymphadora!" he exclaims. "can you sit up?"
i furrow my brows and sit up in my bed, despite the weakness i'm feeling.
he checks my breathing and my temperature and a few other things and asks, "can you remember your name?"
"nymphadora," i say.
"do you know where you are and how you got here?"
"yes, this is the lakeview rehabilitation centre and i'm here because i have amnesia and they won't let me go because no one came to get me. why are you asking me this?" i state in  a rush, getting slightly annoyed.
doctor shelby looks taken aback for a moment before relief washes over his features. "nymphadora, you seem to be fine. i'm glad. and brenda will be answering your questions, i have another patient to get to," he says and turns around, the other man in a coat following him. he does, however, turn around and say, "it's good to have you back, nymphadora."
i smile and feel guilty for snapping at the kind man. 

"nymphadora," brenda says, smiling wide.

"brenda, hello," i say and she walks over to me, giving me a quick hug. "what happened to me?"
"nymphadora, i don't know how to say this nicely but," she pauses for a moment. "you were in a coma." wait, what. "for nearly three months."
"what?" i say, barely being able to put my thoughts together right now.
"you went into a coma on the fourth of january," she says, and i stare at her, still wide-eyed and jaw hanging.
"well, what date is it today?" i ask nervously.
she sighs. "it's the twenty-third of march, sweetie."
"that's like, two months and..." i count. "nineteen days," i say, shocked.
"yes."
"well, did anyone..." i ask, and feel hopeless in just thinking about it. but i decide to go on. "did my family come visit?"
brenda looks down at the uninteresting white, tiled floor as i feel my heart sink- lower, and lower, and lower. "but," she says carefully. "a boy did come."
my heart beat quickens. a boy- my brother? or maybe a boyfriend?
"r-really, who?" i choke out.
brenda tries to hide her smile. "he goes by the name of skylar, ring a bell?" she asks me and i shake my head. "well, he is quite nice, really. responsible young fellow, he has a way with his words," she goes on, making me feel a slight pang of jealousy. he was here for me, so why did she know so much about him?
"he used to come around when visiting hours were over sometimes but, oh well, like i said, he's a charming young boy.. even talked doctor shelby into letting him stay with you after hours," she ends and i push the little green-eyed bugger out of my head, trying to be as rational as possible.
"did he say who he is, to me?" i ask, watching as brenda's face turned into a slight frown.
"no, he never says," she tells me dejectedly. "says it's complicated."
"complicated," i repeat. "alright, well," i look around the room, only just noticing the numerous, colourful, fragrant flowers that were placed wherever possible in my room. it made my room feel less hospital-y. i smile as i ask brenda, "i guess all of these are from him, then?"
she nods and stands up abruptly. "oh, and uh," she says, crouching down and pulling something out from underneath my bed. "he left these for you."
she hands me a box. it looks normal to me, till i decide to open it. as i do, i look at her from the corner of my eye. fortunately, she gets the hint and silently heads out of the room, leaving me to myself.
i see that the box, instead of some sort of gift, is almost full of tiny, folded-up notes.
i open the one at the very bottom, deciding that is the most logical thing to do (don't ask why or how, i'm weird like that).
it is a note indeed, written in a small, barely legible writing. it is addressed to-
'nymphadora'.
me.
i furrow my brows as i read the entire note, that is finally signed by...
sky.
sky. the boy who visited me, skylar.
i hurriedly opened the next few chits, making sure to read them in chronological order as they were all dated.
🌸🌸🌸
i am still reading through these notes. there are a lot of them. about fifty.
there's nothing special in them, just sky telling me how he is doing along with random details about himself, which god knows why he's telling me, but i damn well do like reading these chits.
i am on my last few notes when i hear a low, urgent voice from outside my room.
"where is she?" it says, getting louder- closer.
"she's in there," brenda responds.
"awake?"
"yes, she was already awake when i called you, now go in."
"i wanted to leave right then, but my stupid boss wouldn't let me and i just.."
"just go in, blondie," brenda says sounding impatient as the door to my room opens.
i accidentally drop the chit on my lap and look down for just a second to retrieve it, and when i look up, i am faced with the handsomest guy i've ever come across.

🌸🌸🌸
yaaasssss nymphadora's pov finally
who all got excited
i did
love dis
vote u guys
cιαο