Join a club!

Author's Note

Disclaimer: I do not own FMA or OHSHC. It would be really cool if I did though...

Enjoy!

- - - -

Ed could feel all eyes on him as he walked through the hallway. Even though it was brightly lit and full of students, the hall felt like a dark, empty silence.

He stopped.

Why are they all looking at me? Probably because I'm new, or maybe because I got the scholarship. And I guess I am kind of small for my age...

DAMN IT, I JUST CALLED MYSELF A TINY LITTLE PIPSQUEAK!!!!!!! 

At least I didn't say that out loud.

- - - -

Throughout the first few days, people started to get more and more used to him. Edward was even near the top of his classes.

Right before history class started, a girl holding a clipboard came up to Ed.

"Edward?" She said, her hazelnut brown eyes sparkling.

"Yes?" Ed replied.

"I'm Momoka, the class Vice President here." She stated with a smile.

"So, what did you want to ask me?" Ed asked calmly.

  " Everyone in the class except you is in a club."

"Here's a list of all clubs you can join." She said handing a piece of paper to him.

Ed's golden eyes swiftly skimmed over the page, memorizing them all.

Edward handed back the paper to Momoka.

"Thank you. I'll be thinking about it."

The next few days passed uneventfully, until Friday.

- - - -

Automail. Pain.

The scorching hot sun was beating down on Ed as he walked to Al's school. His automail was practically searing through his skin.

Ed was still in deep thought when he finally arrived at Al's school. He was distracted from his thinking when the school bell started blaring, and students started pouring out. After a while most kids had already left. Al wasn't anywhere.

- - - -

After a while Alphonse came out of the school.

"Hey brother."

"You were in the library again?" Ed inquired, wearing one of his fake smiles.

This time, Ed's smile was full of pain. Al looked up at the hot sun.

That's why.

"Yeah." Said Al.

"Is your automail hurting you again?"

"No, it's fine." Ed replied, with a nervous laugh. "Nothing to worry about."

He's in so much pain right now.

Al began to massage Ed's shoulder, with his somehow cold hands.

"Thanks, Al." Edward said, finally giving in.

The two began to walk back home.

- - - -

Ed felt the cold shower water beating down on him. He felt himself beginning to cool down.

What club should I join? I can't remember them. I need sleep first.

After Ed showered, he went to the couch and lay down. He felt his eyes close and Ed fell into a deep sleep.

- - - -

"You abandoned him. Your brother." Said a white outline of a human, with a flesh right arm and left leg.

"His body was right in front of you, and you just left it, trapping him in a metal hell. You don't even deserve to be his brother." 

"No!" Edward exclaimed. "That's not true!"

Behind Ed, a large gate with a family tree on it opened and black hands from the gate reached for Ed. Edward tried to run from them, but to no avail. The arms held him tight, and Ed couldn't move. There was pain in every part of his body, but that was no match for the pain in his heart.

A little girl with pigtail braids and a big white dog with a collar had appeared in front of Edward.

Nina.

"Big brother," said the little girl, as she began morphing with the dog to become one.

"Wanna play?" 

All of  Ed's pain was replaced with sadness. Misery and regret.

The creature dissapeared into nothing. Ed tried to reach out for it, but the hands held him tight, forced him to watch. Ed tried to shout for Nina to come back, but he couldn't speak.

He was useless.

"Edward."

Ed could hear his mother's soft, sweet voice calling for him, but where was she?

"Edward."

"Edward."

"Edward."

"Ed!"

Ed's eyes snapped open. He was sweating.

Just a dream.

Only a dream.

Ed looked to his left.

"A-Al?" Ed whispered.

"Brother, are you okay?" Al's soft, reassuring voice calmed Ed down.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fine." Ed replied. "Also, what day is it?"

"Friday. No school tomorrow."

"Oh."

Good. That's a good thing.

I don't think I can face school right now.

- - - -

Author's Note

My second chapter, done! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Also, the OHSHC was going to come in this chapter but, umm... that didn't happen.

Also Ed seems really OOC (Out of character) in this! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one is alot longer than the first chapter, so that kinda makes the first chapter more of a preview...

Bye!!!!