Six - Reese Winchester

Signing softly, I wiped down the bar, getting rid of all the crumbs and coffee spills.

"Hayes," Marlisa snapped, catching my attention.

"Marlisa," I mumbled, not looking at her.

"Hayes," she growled.

"What?" I snapped. "Look, I just want to get this fucking bar clean, so I can go the fuck home,"

"You said you'd talk to me," she pressed.

"One: I don't have time for that. Two: I don't care," I hissed, finally looking at her. Marlisa stared wide eyed at me.

"Hayes, calm down. Please," she whispered softly.

"Why?" I questioned. "Why should I 'calm down' when everything around me is falling apart,"

She placed her hand on my shoulder, looking me in the eye.

"Take a seat," she ordered. I surprisingly did as told, and took a seat on the small stool behind the bar.

"There's a reason I said 'no'," she began. "And that reason is, a man named Reese Winchester,"

"Who?" I frowned.

"Reese Winchester. A regular. Also, a billionaire," she said, smirking slightly.

"And?" I huffed, the boredom clear in my voice.

"A billionaire who wants to know more about you," she sung.

"Yeah, and I fucked Carter Jankins," I snorted.

"Fine. Don't believe me. You'll see though. He wants you!"

I rolled my eyes, and gave Marlisa the bird, before opening the counter latch, and leaving the small booth. I made my way to the door, and walked outside.

I was nervous to go home. Especially after what I said to Ivan this morning. But he needed to hear it. He needed to know the truth.

And I told him.

No small white lies, or purposely forgetting to say things. He didn't deserve that.

He deserve the truth.