one

DISCLAIMER: I am not a real author/writer and, I write this book for the fun of doing it. Feel free to give constructive criticism but, please, don't give me hate. I'd rather that you not rush me and keep, repeatedly, asking me to update when I've just posted a new chapter. Reading a chapter may take you about 10 minutes, but making one takes at least 3 days or more. And please forgive me for any late updates or grammar mistakes. Thank you. Happy reading!

CHAPTER ONE

He left me first.

Though it seems that I was the one who left, he was the one that left me emotionally. He's the first one to leave and not me. Despite being there physically, he felt so far away from me, like we were just strangers being forced to sit next to each other, like we didn't know each other all our lives, like everything that ever happened to us was nothing. It hurts to know that in someone's eyes- especially the ones that are close to you- you're no longer someone they care about. For weeks, I couldn't get over the fact that Jakob just left me, without any word or 'sorry, I don't think we should be friends', he could've at least said something. But then, 'reality' gave me a good slap in the face, making me realize that I don't need him because if he doesn't need me, then neither do I.

  I'd be so pathetic continue sobbing over him, to hold onto something that isn't even there. And holding on isn't all good either, it holds you back from becoming a better version of yourself.

The pain of having to go to school is very similar to the pain of being left behind, it just hurts so much more. I dread going to school every single day and I have to drag my feet walking to class, I'm sure everyone does it, pretty much the entire school population hates the idea of 'school'. But, at least, I'm almost done with it, just half a year more and I'm free.

Right before I step into the school boundaries- after parking my bike right outside-, I close my eyes and take a deep breath, the cool morning air lightly kissing my face. The muscles in my body relax as I breathe out, feeling a slight tingle circling around my body. I usually do this every time I didn't feel like going to school, just to help brace myself for everything good and bad that's going to happen today. I open my eyes. "Time for hell to officially start." I mumble under my breath.

I try to find Denisa. She's most likely talking to her other friends beside her locker. But, I doubt that, she told me yesterday that she had something really important to tell me today. Knowing Nisa, she wouldn't be able to contain her excitement or sadness and would literally hunt me down. The first place I look at is my locker area, which the most crowded area of the school, because all the popular kids's lockers are here; and it's called the 'Athlete's Lane'. It's pretty lame if you ask me. And because of this, the school arranged everyone else's lockers depending on the type of Co-Curricular activity they're in, so, we have 'Artist's Lane' and 'Musician's Lane' and so much more. The name lives up to the lockers, because all the student athlete's lockers are here, and mine too (even though I'm not a student athlete anymore).

Pushing through crowd, I get some waves and greetings, which I hastily return, and in spite of looking at every part of the school that she might possibly be at, she was no where to be found. Sighing, I get back to my locker and get my materials needed for the class. I text Nisa, asking her where she is as I walk to the classroom. My phone buzzes in my hand and the text reads 'soz girl, im sick and im not pulling a sickie, i promise. luv ya'. As I type back, something hard hits against me.

And before I could even comprehend what was happening, I had a guy in my arms- which was where the books I had just taken were, previously. In movies, the guy would always catch the girl falling, but, never have I imagined a girl catching a guy. I panicked internally, which resulted in me dropping him and a loud moan escaping his lips.