chapter 41 - Neru

I was sitting on the couch with Haku, listening to her talk about her next video. She sounded so excited, and I was glad that she hadn't given up making the videos, like I had...

'In a lot of ways, she's more confident than I am...'

"Hey Neru, where's my chocolate?" Dell asked, cracking a smile while he walked in.

"Choco-? Oh crap, it's Valentine's Day!"

He laughed and Haku giggled.

"You forgot this year too?" She asked.

"N-no... Yes!" I admitted, "What am I going to do? I don't have anything ready to give to Len!"

"So don't?" Dell offered.

"I can't do that!"

"Why not?"

"He's my boyfriend!"

Dell seemed to frown for a second but shrugged it off saying, "Suit yourself."

I looked towards Haku, fear in my eyes, and asked her, "What am I going to do?"

"We can make little chocolate covered cherries? I mean... Everyone likes those, right?"

"Chocolate covered cherries?"

"Yeah... We could do a variety of chocolate. I have white and milk chocolate in the pantry, and I'm sure we could add some caramel to the chocolate too."

"Caramel chocolate cherries?"

"You never know until you try it!"

"I guess..."

"Let's get to work before the day ends," Haku said, giggling and dragging me to the kitchen.

"Oh no," Dell said, "you are not taking over my kitchen!"

"Why not?" I demanded.

"I might need to use it!"

"Might. I need it right now."

"Fine, whatever. You clean the mess you make though."

"Fine, whatever," I mimicked him, pushing him out of the kitchen.

"Geez, what's his problem?" I muttered as Haku pulled out the chocolate, and the caramel.

I went to grab the cherries as she answered with a lame, "I dunno."

"You must have some idea! You've been staying here for the past days, you can't tell me you haven't noticed any difference with him! What cherries should I use?"

"Black cherries. And yeah, he's seemed moodier... Maybe he was hoping you'd give him some giri?"

"Please," I said, grabbing the cherries and walking over to her, "I haven't even gotten giri for Nero yet!"

"You should probably do that, don't you think?" She asked, melting the chocolate.

"I'll do it! Do you guys have any nuts?" I asked as a thought came to me.