Chapter Twenty-Nine Part Two ~Maddie~

Start from the beginning

I swallow, my emotions threatening to overflow in this private moment between us. A moment I never thought we'd share.

But he lowers his head, his lips finding mine once more. And this time...everything slows down...our breaths...our hands...our lips. They slide against each other slowly, tenderly, his tongue finding a lazy rhythm against my own. One of his hands cup my jaw, his thumb caressing my throat.

I slide my hands up his arms, down his back and around to his stomach, feeling every muscle that tightens beneath my touch. Slowly, my hands trail a path up his stomach and over his chest, stopping at his face.

His stubble feels rough against my fingers and I grip his face harder, desperate for this new sensation. For the feeling of Travis beneath my touch. For the taste of him on my tongue. For the sound of our quiet moans colliding between breaths.

His hand glides down my neck, his touch feathering across my collarbone and down my arm, causing me to shiver beneath him. He takes hold of my hand, lifting it above my head as he entwines his fingers within mine.

And I'm lost. Completely and utterly lost.

In him, his touch, his soft whispers...

...God, Maddie.

...I never—

...I don't ever want to stop kissing you.

...You're so fucking beautiful.

...I've missed you so much.

...I didn't—

...God, I didn't know it could feel like this, just kissing you.

He squeezes my hand tighter.

...I love you.

His mouth moves lower, kissing my jaw.

...I love you.

His soft lips linger at the base of my throat.

...I love you.

And his hand slides under the bottom of my shirt, gripping me at the waist as he trails light kisses across my neck, stopping just beneath my ear, and I dig my fingers into his back in response, pulling him even closer. His hand continues to slide across my stomach, and lower, grasping the waistband of my pants in his tight grip.

"Wait...Wait," I say breathlessly, stilling his hand on my stomach. He pulls it away and up to my face as he rests his forehead against mine.

"I'm sorry. Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take it that far." His heavy breaths fan across my face. He shifts away and lies beside me, the front of his body lying flush against the side of mine. "One taste and I lost my fucking mind."

"It's okay," I breathe. "I might have lost my mind too." And my cheeks flush.

At the same time, we both burst into laughter.

Call it nervous giggles or peals of excited relief, but whatever it is...it's everything. Because I can't remember the last time I felt this happy.

I turn onto my side, looking him directly in the eyes. He smiles, and I smile too.

"Okay, this is surreal," he says.

"Yeah," I answer quietly.

His gaze falls to my lips. "All I can think about is kissing you again."

I turn and bury my face in the pillow, laughing some more. When I come back up to face him, I bite my bottom lip before releasing it to say, "I can't believe you said you love me."