Chapter 7: Your Fight Is Over

Clarke's POV

The next morning, after breakfast, we all met back into the tent we had the day before. We all stood around a table with maps, pencils, and papers for us to write on.

Lexa stood to the right of me. I'm still not sure on how I feel about her. I feel like she means well but she has no emotion. As we talk all there is to her is get to the point responses, and that's that. I want to know more about her.

"So Commander what are your demands?" My mother, Abby, asked her.

"Well I believe we should list off what we lack in supplies, but what we can trade with." Lexa said looking at Abby.

Abby nodded her head and Marcus looked over at Lexa.

"I know we don't have a lot of ammo, I mean we have enough to last a little while longer but we are going to run out soon." Marcus said.

"We have ammo we can trade, the Commander doesn't like us using guns much anyway." Skylar said, looking at Lexa and Marcus.

"You don't like to use guns?" Bellamy asked.

"They are loud and attract more walkers. So I talk to my people to practice with knives and swords. Silent but effective weapons." Lexa said.

"But what about the sniper rifles you use?" Bell asked.

"Those are the only guns we use, my brother is working on training others to practice with a bow and arrow, but we only have a few." Lexa said looking at Bellamy.

"How old is your brother?" Marcus asked.

"He just turned 17, he's a year younger than me. But he is very skilled at long ranged weapons and sharp shooting. He wanted to go into the military." Lexa said. I could since by her slight change in tone she was proud of her brother.

"Well I was a military lieutenant so maybe I can get a chance to meet this talented young man." He smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm sure he would like that, thank you. The next time my people visit I'll bring him along." Lexa said to Marcus, still keeping her straight face composure.

"Sorry to interrupt but I'm trying to keep track of what we are trading, Commander what about water?" I heard Teddy asked. I forgot he was in the room but he looked like he was writing down everything for trade.

"Right, that's one of the main things we need. We had a lot for a little while but then are generators in the school stop working. There's no water supply that we've found close by yet." Lexa said.

"Well we have different streams that are around our camp, we could give you water for ammo." I suggested, looking at everyone else.

Marcus and Abby nodded their heads. Bellamy still didn't like the idea of having a trade with them but he nodded his head anyway.

"Well then, it seems like we've got something started. That's all we will discuss for now but later we can talk about more ways of trade." Abby said looking at all of us.

As we were all about to get ready to leave we heard a loud scream. "Help!"

We all ran out of the tent and we saw our gates open. One guy stumbled in bleeding from his neck, but another girl was walking in, carrying him. It was Octavia.

"Octavia!" I heard Bellamy yell as he ran over to her.

We all ran over and I saw Octavia lay the guy on the ground. He was holding on to his bloody neck trying to breathe.

"He got bit." I heard Octavia say as I saw her wrapped in Bellamy's arms.

We all stared down at the guy. We didn't know who he was, he wasn't apart of our group. I saw Lexa walk over and kneel down in front of the guy. She pulled out her knife while she rubbed his cheek.

"Your fight is over." I heard her say as she slowly stabbed through the guys temple.

She pulled out the weapon and wiped it off, sliding it back in the holder she took it out off.

I looked at Lexa, wondering why she said what she said. Why she did what she did. But it wasn't time to ask that now.

We took Octavia to my mom to have her look at all her wounds. Bellamy stayed with her, we decided we would let her rest before we asked her any questions about the Mountain Men.

I walked over to see Lexa with Teddy and Skylar. They had covered up the body of the man.

"Did you know him?" I asked Lexa as I reached them.

"Yes, he was apart of our group till he decided he wanted to find his family. So we let him go." She said, no emotion on her face.

"What does your fight is over mean?" I asked.

"I say it to my people when I know they are dying. They don't have to fight to live anymore, so I tell them there fight is over and they can die in peace." Lexa states.

"You don't seem upset by this." I asked her, when Teddy and Skylar took the body away.

"Because I'm not." She said.

"But why?"

"I had a girlfriend, her name was Costia. She died a year and a half ago from cancer. I was upset, I never thought I could get over the pain. But I did."

"How?" I asked

"By recognizing it for what it is, weakness." She said.

"What is? Love?" I asked and she nodded her head. "So you just stop caring for everyone?" I asked.

"Yes."

"I could never do that." I said.

"Then you put the people you care about in danger. And the pain will never go away." She stated and I looked at her. "The dead are gone Clarke, the living are hungry." She said and walked away to Skylar and Teddy.
___________________________
Alright guys thanks for reading Chapter 7 of Leaders. I hoped you enjoyed it and sorry for not posting on Thursday, I've been busy. But damn the 100 has been getting better and better and I just want Clarke and Lexa to kiss again. But anyway, please vote and comment because I love hearing from you guys! Bye! Also if you look back on chapter 2 Anna Kendrick will play Skylar now.