Three

My heart stopped as I came face to face with Beckett. His looks were on the same level as a god, if you believed in that sort of thing. His muscle tone was almost completely visible through his dress shirt. He had to work out on a daily basis; no one's body would be that perfect if that wasn't true.

"H-Hey..." I whispered shyly, my body frozen in place. Was I supposed to sit down? Was I supposed to shake his hand? Kiss him? Hug him? Beckett walked behind me, making my skin feel hot as he got closer, and grabbed the back of the chair in front of his.

"Please, have a seat." It was almost like I didn't have control over my own body. His voice made me sit down and allow him to push the seat in. So, he was a gentleman... I was already impressed. Beckett took his place back in his own seat and a small smile grew on his face. "Wow... You look a lot better in person than you do in photos." He chuckled and folded his hands, resting them on the table. "You looked like an emo kid who constantly thought about suicide." His words instantly made my chest tight. That's what his initial impression of me was from my photo...?

And he didn't even know that I thought about suicide or had severe depression or anything. He's just spewing complete bullshit that you always hear from neurotypicals. Didn't he realize how fucking hurtful he was being?

"O-Oh, haha..." I forced a small laugh, my chest tight with distress. He already ruined the night and I had only been at the table for less than a minute.

"I'm glad you're not. Those type of kids are so annoying, with their horrible, Satanic music and ugly, long, oily, colored hair. It's ridiculous that anyone finds that stuff attractive." With every word, he stabbed more knives deep into me, degrading my sense of style and other people for being unique. He probably thought I dressed the way I did tonight all the time... When in actuality, all I ever wore were fitting jeans and t-shirts or sweatshirts. I was never one to really "dress to impress". Marie just told me to dress up tonight. "So, how old are you again, Pierce?"

"Oh, uh... Nineteen... I'm nineteen." 

"Ah, I remember being nineteen. It wasn't super fun, as I was focusing on creating my own business, but look where I am." He chuckled. "I own a popular law firm with my best friend, and now, I'm going to marry a cute boy." My heart skipped another beat when he called me a boy. I'm a fucking boy, I'm a man. I do my own taxes, I pay my own bills, I live my own life. Granted, it's not as prosperous as the asshole in front of me, but it was still my life that I was living. I am my own mother-fucking person.

I mean, being called "baby boy" was different... That type of cute name made my knees weak. It was such a turn-on for me, being called "baby boy" during sex would throw me towards my orgasm much faster than any other pet name. I forced another small laugh.

"Yeah... That sounds nice, having a life like that... I've struggled a lot since I was kicked out by my parents at eighteen." I shrugged a bit. "But I'm lucky for the things I have, so I can't really complain." Besides the fact that I think about death a lot and I hate myself with my entire being, I forgot to add.

"You got kicked out at eighteen? Were you like a bad kid or something?" His comment made me pause. I wasn't a bad kid... I stayed in school, I got good grades, and I was never in trouble with the law. I guess I drank every once in awhile, but that was only because my mom was an alcoholic and she would never notice when some of her alcohol went missing.

"No. I wasn't a bad kid." I looked down at the black table cloth. "I guess my parents no longer wanted me." I shrugged. "Which I guess is reasonable... I mean, who wants to take care of their kids longer than they have to?" I could feel Beckett's eyes on me.

"Ah, that makes sense."

"Hello! My name is Samantha," a cheery brunette came to the side of the table. "I'll be taking care of you two tonight. Would you like to start with drinks and appetizers?" She pulled out a small pad of paper and a pen from her apron. Beckett looked over a thin menu and hummed.

"Yes, I'll take a bottle of the Virginia Marie Lambrix Pinot Noir," his eyes flashed over to me. "And for you, Pierce?" His voice startled me.

"O-Oh, uh... W-Water... Water's fine," I smiled at Samantha who happily nodded and wrote it down.

"And any appetizers?"

"I'll have one the house smoked salmon." Samantha then looked back at me, where I shook my head.

"I don't want any appetizers, thank you," I offered a smile. I wouldn't be able to afford sixty dollar wine or ten dollar appetizers along with an entree. I wasn't rich, not even close. She nodded and walked away.

"What, don't want any appetizers?" Beckett chuckled. "You're not fat, if that's what you're worried about." I was taken aback by his comment on my weight. If my weight was a sensitive topic, he would have seriously hurt me...

"No, that's not the reason." I muttered. "I just don't have a lot of money right now, okay? I've never had a lot of money." Suddenly, Beckett began laughing. Hard.

"Y-You're worried about money?!" He kept laughing. "Babe, this entire meal is paid for already. You can have whatever you want." His reply made me pause again. It was all paid for...? Most likely by Mr. Zeno's money...

"O-Oh..." I looked down in embarrassment, biting my lip. I didn't know it was paid for... And I admitted I was basically broke to someone who was amazingly rich.

"You don't have to worry, Pierce." He winked at me with a frisky smirk. "I'll always make sure to take care of you." 

๑ Hazel -- 

I'm sorry this was really, really short... I had a relapse in my eating disorder and I was in the hospital for nearly the entire week. I wish I could've written more for you, but for next week, I promise there will be so much more for you to enjoy.