Chains & Worries

MYSTERY’S P O V REVEALED: JACK’S P O V

As I drove her to a flat that I rented, I laid her on my bed and waited ‘til she woke up.

She has to hear what I have to say. She has to understand that I’m the only one for her. She has to know that my feelings for her are real; she just needs me to show it to her that’s all. Marceline is just in denial.

I walked over to her bed and wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me . . . and fell asleep.

Maz’s P O V

When I woke up, my sides were aching and my face was swollen. I woke up in some dirty shed, tied to a chair.

I don’t remember much of what happened last night. The last thing I heard was Marceline shouting in pain and me getting jumped.

There were, I think, six guys who jumped me but I don’t know who they are.

I started to panic; where’s Marceline?!

HELPPPP!! I shouted as loud as I could.

I heard footsteps running up the stairs. I hope it’s not those guys.

“Shut the fuck up!” this guy said, slapping me with his back hand.

I spat out the blood to the side and tried to open my eyes more to see who it was.

What do you want from me?! I shouted me.

“Two things. One: for you to shut the fuck up! Two: we don’t want anything, someone else ordered this on you” he said holding two fat fingers up.

Who? I never did anything wrong! I tried to break free from the chains.

“I’m gonna be blunt with you because frankly, I could care less about you and the fucker who ordered this. Jack Harries ordered the hit on you and your girl. Well, I don’t know what he’s gonna do to her but all I know is that he wants you dead” he said casually.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HIS PROBLEM?! WHY CAN’T HE LET US BE HAPPY?! HE FUCKING CHEATED ON HER AND TREATED HER LIKE CRAP! HE BETTER NOT DO ANYTHING TO MARCELINE OR I SWEAR IT’S HIS FUCKING ASS! I shouted.

“Geez kid, pipe the fuck down. I’m going to go out; I’ll be back at night to check up on Jack’s decision. I won’t be worried about you escaping because clearly you’re fucking weak and pathetic. And like I said before, I could care less. Have fun in your last few hours of living; peace bitch!” he threw the ‘peace’ sign and left.

ASSHOLE!!! I shouted at him.

Fuck! I gotta get out of here, what if he rapes her?! What if Jack takes her far away from me?!

I SWEAR HE’S JUST A FUCKING JEALOUS LITTLE PRICK! Since he can’t be happy, he ruins other people’s lives!

I shook the chair but every time I would move. The chains were too tight on me but I didn’t care. I had to get my girl back.

Marceline’s P O V

I felt someone’s arm wrap around my waist but I could tell it wasn’t Maz.

I slowly looked down and the arm holding me was pale as a ghost. Who is this? Who’s holding me? Why am I here?

The last thing I remembered from last night was somebody saying ‘goodnight’ and I think I was Tasered.

I froze as I heard the person holding me speak.

“Marceline, baby, I love you. You aren’t going back to Maz, you’re staying here with me. It’s the best for the two of us. Forgive me but love makes us do crazy things” he said as he kissed the side of neck. He didn’t know I was awake but I guess he was talking to himself.