What Are You Afraid Of?

Description:
[Gerard's Point of view]

In attempts to escape the isolation, the lack of communication, and grief, my parents decided to move to a new part of Jersey, the shittiest part of Jersey.

Now don't get me wrong, Jersey was pretty. If you found the forever lingering rain clouds pretty, that is. It was rarely ever sunny in Jersey, the appearance of the place almost being an exact replica of my mood most of the time.

I never thought that things would turn out like they did. Stress, grief, sacrifice, but it was all worth it. I would do anything to see him smile, I'd do anything to see his eyes light up once more.

He was the light of my life. But on the same day that light went out, he wrote me. A list. What was he so afraid of?

His lips were always soft, and his mind was sharp. He was intelligent, the smartest of everyone in school, he was talented, and I was nothing compared to him.

If I could have drained that illness from his body and imported it to mine, I would have. Just to have my Franky live, he deserved the world, but only got my shitty promises.

And my take on the story? The love that once was and possibly always will be?

It goes exactly like this: