Chapter 1: Stealing

~Pitch's POV~

Theme: Cage the Elephant - Come a Little Closer

'Well, there goes that plan,' I hissed, infuriated. Damn it! I'd been trying soo hard to figure out how to get the Guardians isolated. To pick them off one by one. But my mind kept drifting to the only one I had ever had a glimmer of hope for. Jack Frost. The most inexperienced Guardian. Also, probably the weakest. But what if I was wrong and he could easily overpower me? I wasn't operating at one hundred percent quite yet. I'd lose....

No! I tried to shake these disturbing thoughts off. No, tonight, I would strike. Take Jack out first. Then the Sandman. Then Tooth. Then the last two. I chuckled to myself, pleased with my newfound idea. Take Jack as a prisoner and a trophy. And torture him. This though pleased me. Torture him in the most painful ways. Yes, I thought to myself, pain and fear coincide. My plan was perfect. I looked over my shoulder to Ivy, my.... daughter. I shivered.

'What's the matter, dad?' Her voice ran clear through the chamber.

'Nothing. All is fine, child,' I replied softly. I stared at the Globe replica, eyeing a certain flickering light. Stupid little boy. You ruined me.

'So how's the plan going?'

'I'm getting there, Ivy. Take out the weakest link. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, you know,' I replied softly.

'So Frostbite, then? Hmm... Jack does seem to have some major flaws. He seems to have a soft side for that boy, Jamie Bennett. You could threaten him.'

The thought made me grin. 'That actually sounds... perfect. Strike tonight,' I turned to her. 'You coming?'

She laughed, 'Are you kidding me? Of course! I'd hate to miss out on such a good opportunity!'

I smiled, quite pleased. I summoned up two Nightmares from the ranks and mounted one. Ivy hopped up onto the other. 'Get ready for a night in Hell, Jack,' I muttered softly. And with that, I urged the Mare forward, though one of many tunnels that potentially led to the surface, and Ivy followed closely behind. The wind thrashed around us as we sped through the forest suddenly. Ahead was the quaint town of Burgess.

There were many neighborhoods with sleeping children in the homes, but we were headed for one in particular. I zeroed in on the familiar house, the solitary lit window. Jamie's bedroom. I smirked to myself as we both dismounted and I melded with the shadows and slinked up through the open window. Most likely he left it open for Jack. Perfect. That meant that Jack could be here at any moment. The squirt was asleep in his bed, snoring softly. Dreamsand faintly played above his head. Images of sleds and snowball fights played out in the golden threads. I rematerialized from the shadows near his open closet. I gave a soft cackling laugh.

'Touch it!' Ivy appeared from behind me and urged me forward.

'Very well,' I whispered back and drifted over to Jamie's bed. I studied the shifting shapes for a moment and reached out with a single finger and lightly pressed it to the sand. The shapes turned black and crumbled under my expert touch. Jamie gave a groan. A small, pleased chuckle formed in the back of my throat and sounded lightly throughout the room.

'Jack will be here any second now, Ivy. Hide yourself,' I hissed to her after my moment had faded.

'Fine,' she murmured back and stuck her tongue out at me. Such a child still.

I rolled my eyes and cursed silently. I hid back in the shadows and took small pleasure in watching Jamie squirm again. I gave a suppressed laugh. His fear was strong tonight. It was pure and delicious. I composed myself as I heard a squeak come from the window. I turned my attention over towards it. Jack. Right on time. Hehehe.....

'Jamie?' Jack spoke quietly. He flitted over to Jamie's bed and perched himself on the footboard. Something about him seemed... off. Maybe he sensed mine and Ivy's presence. His blue eyes cautiously scanned the room. 'Pitch. And someone else. Ivy?'

I stiffened at his perception. So powerful it made me ill. I let out a menacing, bone-chilling laugh. 'Jack Frost. Just the person I was looking for!' I dashed out of the shadows and flung Jack against the furthest wall, nearly knocking him out.

Jack groaned. 'Arrgh, Pitch!'

I grabbed him by the neck of his sweatshirt and slammed him against the wall, knocking him out cold. His eyes fluttered shut and his body slumped.

Pleased with myself, but also being cautious, I glanced back over at the child's bed. Still asleep. Good. He would have no idea as to what happened. I threw my prize over my shoulder and exited out the window. Jack was light. Almost femininely so. I laughed to myself.

Stealing him had been easy.

~

-Edited for grammar and punctuation-