Mini Rants #2 (And...Oooh, Deepika Padukone!)

Well, you knew this was coming. Mini rants número dos is at your door step! Also, Deepika Padukone is god with reactions. Look at her in the GIF at the top, she's like a cute puppy that doesn't want to eat her vegetables. Also, this GIF:

And I found this one just plain amusing:

Now, what was I going to do....? OH YEAH! 

1) Drunk scenes in books and movies are fucking everywhere. Like have you seen the amount of romance books on Wattpad that have a fricking mandatory drunk scene?!

I forgot to mention this in my Bollywood rant as well but why does every recent movie nowadays have a mandatory scene where one of the main characters gets drunk? Like oh my god. It's like yeah, I know the "love of your life" is mad at you or "You lost your job" or something but that does not and should not lead to getting drunk with your friends. Most often times, there is a song sequence that they do while they're drunk. Filmmakers, I know you are trying to be realistic, but let's get one thing straight: if you are drunk, you won't be saying perfect words, your would be effing slurring them. Case in point: No one in real life would understand what the eff you are trying to say. Probably like 20% would but the rest....no. Your movements would be sluggish and you would not be making that perfect dubstep with your senses jumbled all over the place other than making a perfect split that you normally wouldn't do when sober. I know its a Bollywood/Kollywood movie but if you're trying for realism, this method is not exactly your best bet.

Examples:

You'll not be like this:

It'll be more like this:

(BTW, if you guys have any other gif examples, please do suggest them down in the comments

(BTW, if you guys have any other gif examples, please do suggest them down in the comments. I have a feeling that there's a lot more accurate gifs than these ones XD)

2) Werewolf Cliches: Okay, I have no problem with werewolf stories.

For the most part, they are pretty interesting. But when almost every single story in this genre is a "My Mate is the Alpha" cookie cutter plot, that's when you have to step back and think: what should we do that's different from other stories? Cause I've mentioned once that cliches aren't bad if they're used at a moderate level and/or unique in terms of writing style and characters. But when the Alpha is the typical bad boy jerk, the girl is either your typical pretty nerd or the sassy badass and you have that one slut who just wants to ruin the main girl's life for no reason, you are not creating a character, you are creating an archetype. This goes for the romance genre too but I feel like that particular genre shouldn't get all of the blame.

3) Smut: I'll be honest, I have read some rather kinky stuff.

Let's face it, at one point or another we all have read at least that one smutty fanfic during our time here on Wattpad, whether on purpose or on accident. Although...I try to avoid fanfic smut because I have seen enough 1D stuff to last a lifetime. And come on, I want to keep the innocence for my OTPs at least. And...what is it with the couples having sex fifty two times?! Like I swear to god, some of them are so freaking unrealistic. Whenever they you know, "get it on", the girl, without fail, always says that the guy she's having sex with pleasures her way better than any of her ex boyfriends did and the boy vice versa. It's so cliche that even pronouncing Benedict Cumberbatch's name wrong is more unique than this boring ass trope.

4) The rant books that just don't know how to organize and/or have a one sentence chapter. Yeah, that can be a major problem.

......I don't get it. Exactly how hard is it to differentiate your author's notes to your actual rant of that topic?! In some rant books, they don't even have a proper transition. It can be very funny or it can backfire in your goddamn face, depending on the topic being ranted about. And the one sentence chapters. Like I said earlier, it can just as easily backfire on you just as it can be incredibly funny. Like when creating the "Why Twilight is Better than Harry Potter" rant books. Most of them are pretty satirical. Majority of the one sentence chapters often consist of "Hm...can't think of one yet." That is an example of how that can work when used in a proper situation.

That being said, its a person's own rant book, and it's up to the creator of said rant book to either organize or disorganize. (Hm...I may get some backlash for this....oh well. XD)

That's all for now folks! Comment below and let me know on what fandom/fanfic stereotype to rant on next! :D