#1. valentines day

{y/n's pov}

You sat and watched the tall, dark haired boy talking to the "new girl", Karlie. While passing through a town, 10k saw her and insisted that she continued on the journey to California with us. What a fucking awful idea.

He was all over her. I mean, I see why he would be. She's pretty and thin and has long brown hair, she can actually shoot a gun unlike me. What else could you look for in the apocalypse?

According to Citizen Z, it was Valentine's Day. There was a radio in the truck we had been traveling in and he announced it early that morning. "It's Valentine's Day so grab your honey close and give them lots of love" were his exact words. Gosh that guy can really get on my nerves sometimes, he doesn't know when to shut up.

"Hey, y/n" Addy said, waving her hand in my face "what are you staring at?"

I look up at her and roll my eyes, motioning towards the two love birds "why did she have to come with us?". Addy looked at me with a sympathetic look on her face.

"Don't worry y/n, nothing's gonna happen between them"

"I wish I believed you"

I got up and walked right passed 10k, completely ignoring him when he tried to say hi. He's just trying to be nice.

I just needed to go on a walk and maybe go find some food, make myself useful. We had been stopped at a fairly small cabin for the day and I was tired of being around everyone. I made my way to the edge of the forest and began walking through, looking up at the trees and taking the scenery in.

I would usually ask Doc to go with me since he's such a good listener, but we were in the mountains somewhere and there had been little to no Z's in sight, that's the only reason I had felt comfortable enough to go on my own.

After about 10-15 minutes of roaming through the forest I found a little stream and sat on the bank of it, watching the water trickle swiftly. I felt more relaxed than ever at this moment, no Z's around me, no Karlie, no Citizen Z. Just me and this tiny little stream.

{10k's pov}

Why is she ignoring me? The past week, ever since we picked up Karlie, she has barely said 2 sentences to me. Okay okay I guess it because the new girl that I insisted we picked up, was all over me. She never gave me a break. She always wanted to sit on my lap and touch my hair and be with me. I liked the attention at first, but now I just wish it was y/n that was all over me.

"Hey Tommy, watcha thinking about?" Karlie annoyingly giggled out. The only person I ever told my real name was y/n.

"Why did you call me Tommy?" I grumble out

"Well I overheard you and y/n talking the other week and she she called you Tommy. I thought you would like it if I call you that too for now on"

Has she ever heard anyone else in the group call me that? No. What makes her think I want to be called Tommy by her?

"The only reason y/n calls me that is because she's the only one I trust enough to give my real name. Do NOT call me that again" I spit out, pushing her off of me and storming off to The trail behind the cabin, where y/n went off to. I needed to find her and tell her I'm sorry. It wasn't fair for me to just neglect her like that for weeks after she had always been there for me. I just wanted her back. I wanted to laugh at ugly looking Z's with her again. I wanted to try and teach her how to shoot my rifle, and tease her when she ant do it. I just want my friend back.

I walked through the trees and bushes and shrubs for a while until I could see a small stream in the distance, and guess who was sitting right of the edge. Y/n. With her tangled hair and her dirty skin, she still looked like the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I cautiously walked up behind her, trying not to scare her.

"Y/n" I whispered. She quickly turned around, startled by my words.

"Dear lord, 10k, you scared the shit out of me!" She said, grabbing her chest "what are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be with-"

"I don't like Karlie" I cut her off "I don't want to be around her, I don't like her"

"Then why did you insist on letting her join the group?" Y/n questioned, she had a sad look on her face.

"I just wanted attention from a girl, but I've realized I didn't want it from her. I want it from you" I sat down on the edge of the stream next to her. She looked up at me and gave me a weak smile "I've always been right here, Tommy" she leaned in and gave me a peck on the lips and then quickly pulled away.

I looked down at the water in front of me and blushed. That was my first kiss. The beautiful, smart, badass y/n was my first kiss.

"Oh by the way" y/n added "happy Valentine's Day"