1/Meeting Steve Rogers

Ella sighed as she walked through the airport with her luggage, she had only ever been to New York twice before; once as a child on a trip with her mom and the second time was to see her half brother, Tony Stark. It wasn't that she didn't like New York because it was, well New York, it was just so big compared to the little town she grew up in.

She smiled when she saw Happy waiting for her besides the car as she walked out of the airport. He held up a sign that read: Ella Stark, causing her to laugh.

"Happy! You have no idea how great it is to see you!" She greeted him, giving the man a hug.

"Hello Miss Stark, how was the flight?" Happy asked politely when they separated.

"How many times have I told you to call me Ella?" She said shaking her head at him, "the flight was fine; not including the guy next to me who snores so loud I think I'm deaf!" Both of them laughed.

"You should have taken up Tony's offer and taken the Stark Industries jet." Happy replied knowingly.

"My last name might be Stark but there is no way I will ever get use to Tony's lifestyle. I like normal, and normal people fly commercially."

Happy finished loading her luggage into the back of the car before opening the door for Ella to get in. She smiled at him before relaxing into the soft leather seats; it was a welcome relief after a four hour flight.

The city was still in disarray after the events of the alien invasion only a few months ago and there were pictures of her brother's Iron Man suit and all the other avengers plastered all over the city. Ella shook her head, it wasn't that she didn't like superheroes, they saved New York and the world after all but she couldn't help but stereotype them all to be just like her brother; arrogant and self-centred. It wasn't a fair assumption but the only superhero she had to go on was Tony and he wasn't exactly the best role model out there.

"I'm sure Mr Stark will be pleased to see you." Happy spoke up bringing Ella out of her thoughts.

"That's assuming he remembered I'm coming." She remarked, her Stark sarcasm shining through. Her and Tony didn't have the best of relationships not that anyone could blame them. Ella was the result of Tony's father, Howard having a one night stand. Tony didn't even know Ella existed until he found her birth certificate amongst some of his father's things. The first time they met Ella was a kid of 14. They got along well considering their shared love of technology and computers and their mutual hate of Howard. After they met they spoke on the phone whenever Tony was available considering he was taking over Stark industries. Ella was busy with school, Tony offered to pay for Ella to go to one of the best private schools in America but both Ella and her mom declined. Her mom was a teacher who didn't want Ella growing up in the spotlight; she wanted Ella to have a normal life and experiences instead of having everything given to her because of who she was.

All of that changed now, Ella's mom passed away a few years ago. Tony offered to come and get her saying she could live with him. Ella decided against it saying she wanted to finish school and make her mom proud. She is now 22 and fresh out of university; she promised Tony she would spend the summer with him in New York while he was rebuilding Stark Tower. Not that she would ever admit it to anyone but she was looking forward to spending time with her brother and getting to know the other avengers.

"Miss Stark? Are you going to answer your phone?" Happy asked Ella was so wrapped up in her thoughts she wasn't even aware it was ringing. She rummaged around in her bag for it, typically finding it right at the bottom.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey, you still at the airport?" Pepper Potts voice asked from the other end of the phone.