"Ow," Cain groans, his eyes looking down at the wound.

"Captain," Henry says.

The Captain was busy trying to look around and find the source of the incident, when he was asked to look down at Cain's wound. Cain gives another loud agonising scream, his head lifting backwards to scream into the sky. Slowly, the Captain turns from looking amongst the trees and down at Cain's wound. Henry was knelt before Cain's leg, his hand holding up the material from the wound. The Captain's face instantly pales as he looks at the wound seeping blood down Cain's leg and onto the ground.

"We need to get him back to the ship," the Captain orders.

"Aye," Henry says.

"What was it?" Marcus asks.

"I wouldn't know," the Captain says as he stares at the wound. What sort of creature could do that much damage?

The answer was shortly answered when a loud hissing sort of noise sounds from behind them. Together they all look behind them to see a creature with scaly skin, long claws pawing into the ground and a long tail with three daggered spikes on the end. It was raised in the air, looking like it was about to strike out at them. Its red eyes were pointed in a glare at them all as it stands there, staring at them all. It had a long-ish sized body with a long snout like face.

"Marcus...," the Captain says in a whisper. "Help Henry pick Cain up. We'll need to keep going into the forest."

Marcus swallows his drying throat. "Aye sir."

Slowly Marcus moves from his ridged standing position and over to Cain. Together Henry and Marcus lift Cain into their arms gently. Cain groans in pain. The creature hisses at the motion and the Captain gets ready with his sword.

"Get moving," the Captain says with a hiss. Seconds later the Captain hears the leaves being moved as Marcus and Henry walk through the forest.

HIIIIS!

The creature lunges out at the Captain, causing him to move aside. He stumbles on the spot as the creature is already getting ready to swing his tail around. Its white scales glisten in the sunlight as it gets ready to swing its tail right at the Captain. But before it could the Captain readies himself in order to strike back. By now Marcus and Henry were out of sight and running through the forest with Cain in their arms.

HISSS!

It swings its tail right at the Captains feet. He jumps in the air to avoid it, but was unprepared for the second hit and was sent flying to the ground from trying to avoid the second hit. His head hits the ground and causes his head to spin around for a while. The creature automatically rounds the Captain, its tail flickering sideways.
The Captain lays still, his sword landing a few inches away from his fingertips. He plans an idea in his head in order to get out of this situation, otherwise he was going to get hit by the creature just like Cain had, leaving him vulnerable. The creature circles the Captain with a flickering tail, leaving the Captain to pant on the spot. He looks up at the sky, counting the seconds in his head. Any second now he was going to hit him, he just needed to wait for the exact moment to hit him.
Before he knew it the creature was swinging his tail at the Captain's face but before it could reach his eyes the Captain swings his sword around and slices it right off. The creature howls and yelps in pain, black blood spinning from his tail. Instantly the Captain takes the opportunity and gets to his feet. He takes one more look at the wounded creature before running off after Henry and Marcus through the forest.

The Captain runs through the vines, dirt and trees, scratches hitting him from every angle. He tries to shelter his face with his arms over his face, but it wasn't much use if you couldn't see anything from it. His heart pounds as he runs as fast as he could into the forest. He had no idea which direction he was going, hell he didn't even know if he was following Marcus and Henry, all he knew was that he needed to get away from that creature, whatever it was.