You're not alone (13)

Depuis le début

I rang the bell of Dinah's door and she showed up at the door in less than 10 seconds.

-Mila! Come in. Sofi is finishing getting ready. – I entered Dinah's house, but before I approached my best friend and hugged her, to then throw myself on the soft couch, completely sinking my body in it, relaxing fully, I had barely noticed that I was tired, Lauren had wore me out.

-Camila, I know that there is something going on with you. – Dinah started to speak, drawing my attention, before continuing she made sure that Sofi wasn't around – You've been acting strange for a few days now and yesterday, what was that? Calling me late at night for me to stay with Sofi? – Dinah was each day cornering me more, I swallowed hard.

-Dinah... – I tried to speak, but Dinah interrupted me.

-No, I haven't finished. – she said in a serious and harsh tone, I cringed a bit, because when Dinah gets mad you better move out of the way.

-You are my best friend. – Dinah made a brief pause huffing, but not of anger, but rather tiredness, that made my heart break – I will always do everything with my eyes closed for you, Chancho. Anything without expecting something in return, but I just wanted consideration. – she smiled at me sadly.

Dinah was hurt because I kept secrets, but she wouldn't pry, she is the best friend in the world and she is right, I needed to come clean to her about Lauren, but not now, I wasn't ready.

-Dinah, I... I... – I stuttered – I'll talk to you later, I promise. – I smiled and she smiled back, I stared at her and she looked relieved, which relaxed me a little.

-Chancho. – she said coming over and sitting next to me, Dinah grabbed my hand conveying me safety – Is there another guy? Like, Rob is gone? – she asked calmly, but I could see the gleam in her eyes.

I felt like laughing, but I controlled myself, Dinah's pet peeve with Rob most of the time annoyed me, but many times it also made me laugh.

-There. is. no. other. guy. – I said slowly, I wasn't lying to her, since there wasn't another guy, I couldn't feel guilty.

-You are not cheating on him? – Dinah asked confused.

I opened my mouth countless times without knowing what to say, the silence was already awkward, I didn't want to lie, but I also didn't want to tell the truth.

-Kaki! – Sofi's shrill voice caught our attention, I removed my hand from Dinah's hand and got up going towards the little girl, hugging her.

-Hey, are you ready to go? – I asked filling her little face with kisses.

-Ye... Yeah. – I continued giving her kisses, Sofi began to struggle trying to get away – Stop, Kaki! – she grumbled laughing.

I started to laugh along with her and then let her go, Sofi approached Dinah and hugged her tight.

-Bye, aunt Dinah, thank you for the four cheese pizza. – she whispered trying to hide it from me, Dinah hugged her tighter and whispered something I didn't hear, the two laughed and backed away – Thank you so much and thank you for letting me sleep with you. – Sofi's face was red as a pepper.

-I'm the one who should thank you, I'm tired of sleeping alone, you know, I haven't slept with someone in a long time.

-DINAH! – I scolded her, the cynical woman looked at me without understanding my reaction, which made me laugh – Idiot. – I said softly and Dinah shrugged.

-It's okay, Mila, I'm not a kid anymore. – Sofi said, making me look at her with wide eyes just like Dinah, that made my stomach wrap and my throat knot. Dinah and Sofi were laughing.