Chapter 1

Jace's P.O.V

After me running out of the bathroom like an idiot, I couldn't help but wonder what that look was he gave me. It looked almost apologetic and I almost believed it but I didn't know him personally and going by what everyone says about him I wasn't going to believe  him. I have no idea why he wanted to know who beat me up, he looked angry and it kinda scared me. I went to all my classes avoiding him as best I could, I didn't want to get in his way in case he done something. Luckily I didn't see him anywhere. Eventually it was the end of school which seemed like forever, I met up with Ella outside the gates. She told me she had to go to a doctors appointment so she couldn't walk home with me. I told her it was fine and we said our goodbyes. The truth was I really didn't enjoy walking home myself because it gives my two favourite people in the world( not the sarcasm) a even greater chance to release their anger on me. I don't enjoy that one bit. So I started walking, I put my ear phones in and put on some fall out boy. I walked fast and as my house was only 10 minutes away it shouldn't take long but to avoid the 'bullies' I walked the long way, which took about 20 minutes. 

I don't even know why they bully me and beat me up. I mean, what have I ever done to them, if they were smart enough they would know that. They always throw insults and hit me. I've had countless bloody noses, bruises and cuts. I clean them as soon as it happens though to make sure no one sees them. My parents don't though, they never do. Which is a good thing I guess, I don't want them thinking I'm weak or can't stick up for myself. Even though it's true, I have dyed black hair just below my ears, green eyes  and I'm about  5' 11. I have a piercing on my lip too. I'm basically your average emo with one friend. I've never had a boyfriend but that's obvious seeing as I'm still in Narnia but I haven't had a girlfriend either.

I was about 10 minutes away now and had slowed my walking, I felt someone grab my arm and my heart sped up. I already knew who it was but I just hoped it wasn't. My hope wasn't fulfilled as I was spun round to be face to face with Josh Matthews. Absolutely Fantastic.

'Hey fag' They had resulted to calling me this, they didn't know I was gay they just used it as an insult. It kinda hurt but I couldn't show that or they would know I was actually gay and that would just make their day! I stayed quiet and suddenly felt a blow to my stomach, it hurt but it was worse than before because I had hit my side of the lockers when they beat me earlier today. I fell to the ground and I felt a few kicks to my stomach until they stopped. I heard a faint sound in the background but my head was spinning and I had a horrible pain in it. After a few seconds I looked up to see they were staring at someone running to us all. When I focused my vision I really couldn't piece it all together seeing as the person that just saved me from getting an even worse beating was Aiden? Not long after that everything went black.

Aiden's P.OV

I was thinking a lot when I was walking home. Why was I so attracted to this boy whose I name I didn't even know. Usually I would just hook up with someone but I wanted to get to know him. I wanted a relationship which I'd never had through choice. I need to become friends with him, I've only ever been friends with Jacob and Mason. They've been with me through everything, like when John or as he used to be formally known, my father, eventually left me and my mother. He was an alcoholic and beat me pretty much every time he got drunk which was a lot. It was a lot to go through but I kept up my bad boy act the full time. I pulled out my cigarettes and ducked into an alley, I was about to light one up when I heard a few gasps and whimpers. I could barely see but it looked like someone was getting beat up. Usually I wouldn't make this my business but I noticed that the boy on the ground looks very similar to someone I know. So, I ran up and as I was getting closer,  I realised it was this boy. The two boys beating him were two jocks, Josh and Adam. They were known for their charming good looks and bullying personalities. I wonder if this was who beat him up earlier. Hmm? 

'Hey!' I shouted at them and they stopped and looked up as I ran closer, you could see the fear in their eyes as I looked at them. They slowly stepped back with their hands up but not before giving him one last blow to the stomach, if looks could kill they would be long gone. I walked up to them and the boy cowered in fear, did he think I was going to hit him? I looked at Josh then Adam and punched each of them in the jaw before carefully lifting up and got a cab to take us to the hospital. He looked so peaceful lying on the seat next to me, he was beautiful. We arrived at the hospital not long after and after I let the nurses and doctors know what happened, I took a seat in the waiting room. A doctor entered the waiting room asking if I was here with a Jace Jackson, I just agreed and figured that must be his name. Jace. I like it.  

' Jace has sustained a few injuries, nothing too serious. He has no broken bones but a lot of cuts and bruises. You can come see him now, he's awake.' I was nervous about seeing him, this was a first for me. I didn't have a good guy image, I didn't care about people like this. My father ruined most things for me but it also made me stronger. I don't want to be like him..

I walked to the door or the room Jace was in. I stood outside for a while, what would I say? I have no idea...lets just do it! As I pushed the door it made a squeak causing Jace to jump. I caught his eyes and he looked terrified of me again.

'Can I come in?' He seemed to be thinking over what to say before he finally agreed. I sat on the chair next to his bed as he sat up.

'What are you d-doing here?' He stuttered still sounding scared.

'I brought you here, Josh and Adam were hitting you, do you remember?' I asked.

'Y-Yeah' 

'The doctor said nothings broken just cuts and bruises' I informed him, repeating what the doctor told me.

'Where's Josh and Adam?' He asked.

'I don't know, I punched them both and then brought you here' He flinched when I said I didn't know but relaxed a little when I said I had hit them.

'Why would you do that?'

I thought for a moment, the real reason I done it was because no one was allowed to hurt him if I had anything to do with it, I wanted to make him mine and it would happen. With my new found confidence I was about to tell him I liked him but the doctor had to interrupt us at this point. If looks could kill, the doctor wouldn't be moving right now! 

'You're free to go home now, you should heal up in no time just be careful' Once this was said he retreated from the room leaving an awkward silence between the two of us. He was the first to break it.

'So, I guess I'll go home now?'

'Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow and if you think that Josh and Adam will be bothering you again don't count on it' I assured him and he looked a bit relieved.

'Thanks'

I replied with a small smile before stepping out the room and walking home. Tomorrow I would need to make sure they don't bother him again and I will make sure of it!