Chapter 83: Heroic

Fanfic: Empire Ch 82, Gossip Girl | FanFiction

Chapter 82

Chuck's Point of View

The fact that I'm even considering walking out the door to go after Lux right now has my head in a tailspin. If it were anyone else, any other girl, there's not a chance in hell I'd be considering leaving a party like this. If it were Blair and Serena I doubt I'd even leave, but it's not them. It's her, and she needs me. The thought has warmth spreading throughout my chest. Lux is the one person in my life that's ever truly wanted me or needed me without any strings attached. Slipping my phone back into my pocket I turn back towards the party to see the orgy that's unfolding.

"The party isn't bad Bass, but you're not done here." Aaron said clamping a hand down on my shoulder catching me off guard. I smirked and turned to face him ready for whatever challenge he has cooking in his brain. There's not much I won't do to get what I want.

"It'll have to wait. I need to step out and take care of a few things." I replied, about ready to walk out the door. A few of the other guys walked towards me and cornered me inside of some sort of testosterone circle. What the hell is this?

"The girls are all right, but they're just girls. You still need to prove your loyalty. We want Nate Archibald. We know you're tight with him and we know for a fact that he's on campus."

"Archibald isn't worth your time." I lied, clenching my jaw shut. The Captains misdeeds seem to be following Nate and Lux everywhere these days.

"We think he is." Aaron replied, looking around at his buddies.

"My family lost our compound in Newport because of his father." Shawn, Aaron's right hand man chimed in. I internally gagged. Newport isn't even worth vacationing in.

"Then he did you solid. I think you're taking this whole Skull and Bones bit a little too far. Like I said before Archibald isn't worth your time or energy, now if you'll excuse me I have somewhere else to be." I said, turning to push my way out of the little circle surrounding me. Two guys stepped forward stopping me. I clenched my jaw shut and glared at them.

"We thought you might not be easy to persuade which is why I have a little insurance policy in place." Aaron spoke calmly, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket. He handed me the phone and on the screen was a video. I rolled my eyes and skeptically hit play. A flurry of movement and someone's shoes appeared as they walked and then I saw her come into view. Lux was lying passed out on some asshole's bed in her plaid dress that I loved so much. I clenched my hand around the phone when it zoomed in on her long bare legs and a guy laughed and a hand touched her hip. She mumbled, "get off," clearly drunk or drugged and tried to push the hand away from her, but couldn't force it away. My chest tightened as the video moved to her face. Her brown chocolate locks of hair were strewn across her face obscuring her features.

"What the hell is this? I swear to god if anything happens to her, I'll-" I hissed stepping forward feeling the heat rising in my chest, as Aaron snatched the phone out of my hand abruptly. I shoved him back only for someone to grab me by the shoulders, completely ruining my suit jacket. Dicks.

"Relax, she's fine. A little doped up, but otherwise fine and she'll stay that way as long as you bring us Archibald. I knew she'd be a great backup plan when I saw the photo of you two online from Fashion Week, the only girl that Chuck Bass has ever deemed worthy enough to go public with."

"Where is she? Let her go and I'll get you Archibald." I lied again. What the fuck am I supposed to do in this situation? Give up my best friend to surely get his ass handed to him for something he had no control over or let them do whatever they have planned with the girl that has embedded herself into every single part of my being. I can't live with either choice. I've done a lot of questionable things in my life, but this wouldn't be one of them.