x i v

Alessandra »

The sunlight and a dreadful British accent was enough to dig my dirt-caked fingernails into my skull and rip out my eyeballs from beyond annoyance. My spine didn't ache from laying on a hard surface and the air didn't reek of damp wood, leaving me curious in my tired state of mind.

Opening my eyes, I took in the large bedroom and slowly connected the missing piece to my unsolvable puzzle before letting out a sharp gasp: I was in someone's room.

My mind racked itself with questions of how and why I was trapped in here, being cut off by Pan interrupting my thoughts with his presence and the smell of eggs.

"Morning, Darling." Pan welcomed himself with a lopsided grin and I raised my eyebrow. He sat on the small table that stood next to the couch in front of me and placed the tray of food on his lap.

I sat up and reached out to grab the tray and I looked up at him once more to see his facial expression that had suddenly turned into a stern frown, "eat".

"I am." I whispered and he cocked his eyebrow. I continued to reach again and he quickly snatched my hand into his palm with a strong force and I winced softly as my bones were slowly being crushed by his grip.

Pan lowered my hand on to a cool, steel fork and opened my palm, the fork pushing up into my hand and he closed his fingers around mine, squeezing my hand shut to hold the fork.

"Eat." He repeated and I slowly stabbed the steaming fluffy, scrambled eggs that had a strong aroma and was dragging me in like a fish on a hook being reeled in.

Placing the egg in my mouth, the hot temperature burned my tongue and I moaned softly, Pan exhaling loudly and began to talk to cover his sudden breath, "you will begin training in 30 so I suggest you eat faster to be able to have time to fulfill your bloody girly tasks."

I took another bite and looked up at his tight glare as he watched me intensely, "why are you staring at me? It's weird and creepy."

"I'm not. I'm studying you. You intrigue me to a point where I have no choice but to have a strong desire to want to understand why you are the way you are."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I stopped eating and leaned back against the couch, folding my arms with a stern frown.

"Nothing-, eat," Pan growled with dominance laced in his voice and I leaned forwards, stabbing and swallowing a few more pieces of my scrambled eggs that have gone a bit cold now. As I finished, he stood up taking the tray with him, "get ready. We're leaving when I get back whether you're finished or not."

"Well what if I'm not done changing?"

"Well love, then you'll be punished." Pan winked and disappeared down the stairs and I scowled in disgust, wishing for clothes and quickly changing into them. I looked around and grabbed a comb resting on the countertop in his bathroom, quickly running it through my hair and putting my hair up into a ponytail.

Securing the hair tie, I put the comb back on Pan's bathroom countertop. I turned around to see Pan standing at least 5 feet behind me with his arms crossed tightly, his eyes flashing black but morphing back to green as quickly as it came.

"You know I never thought a girl could ever be such a distraction until now," he rolled his eyes and guided me out towards the entrance, "get to the training grounds."

I pursed my lips, but continued to obey to avoid more issues. I was surprised he did not take me for the little swimming game that he wanted to play the night before, then again I knew he always had something up his sleeves.

I quickly scurried to the training grounds and noticed Wesley's back sitting on a log, heading over to him to see his small fingers niftily carving a small spear out of a stick, "hey Wes."

"Aless, you're back!" the boy grinned at the ground still focusing on the stick and not making eye contact, "I didn't think Pan let you live."

"Yeah I did live I suppose," I shrugged and leaned my head down to his after I noticed he never looked up at me once, "Wesley are you alright?"

"Yes," he whispered and I continued to stare at him until he looked up at me, a ring of purple and blue covering his left eye and I felt my stomach drop, "it doesn't hurt that bad don't look at me like that."

"Who did that to you?" I became enraged at the mental image of someone inflicting pain upon him, flashbacks of my father replaying in my mind.

"Dylan did-" Wesley mumbled and Pan came into sight, him and I locking eyes and I looked back down at the little boy, "don't tell Pan he'll punish me for being weak."

"Of course," I nodded my head, knowing deep down that Pan already knew about Wesley's eye.

The world around us was silent until Pan stood at the edge of the clearing and began to scream at Lost Boys to get to the training arena, my eyesight studying his every move. Swallowing nervously, I turned back to Wesley and he stabbed his makeshift spear into the ground.

The Lost Boys sauntered over to where Wesley and I stood, Pan leading them and he watched me with every step he took. I felt almost submissive to him when he stared me down like this, watching to see what I will do and how I respond. Even his gait changes when he's like this, he walks like a normal person instead of a predator on a prowl.

All of the Lost Boys divided up and went to their own weaponry training sites holding armor, archery equipment, spears, daggers, and more. I found knife throwing to be quite natural, but nothing else was compatible. I tried testing out sword fighting and looked like a fool in front of the other boys around me.

I decided to try archery, making my way over to an opening darted with targets and I found a file of equipment. I awkwardly picked up a bow and a quiver of arrows, struggling to slip the quiver across my back and grab an arrow. 

Locking the nock of the arrow into the bowstring, I drew back and nearly released until my arrow decided to swing out of position and I exhaled in disbelief. 

I really cant do anything here.

"Need help?" Pan said from behind me and I shook my head, "here you're holding it wrong."

Before I could argue I felt him step behind me, the warmth of his body radiated from his and against mine. His hands hovered over mine and laced with my fingers to correct how I should be holding the bowstring.

"I was close enough," I mumbled after he corrected the angle of how my arm should have been while aiming.

"Close enough determines whether you live or die," Pan noted quickly and I turned back to look at him, his green eyes piercing mine before he stepped away, "you best learn before bad habits form."

"Like what?" I asked before I aimed towards a target, my fingers releasing and the bow flying through the air, a smile resting on my face only to fall when the arrow landed on the ground nearly 2 feet from the target, "I suppose like that."

I turned back towards Pan and caught him watching me, his eyes staring off in my direction and I raised an eyebrow. His eyes glazed black before returning to green and he looked into my eyes with a confused look.

"Enough staring," he scowled and I inhaled deeply, "cant you find something to do to make yourself useful?"

"Yeah maybe I could if you weren't such a rude prick."

"You've got fire, I like fire."