Unnoticed: Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

I walked over to our spot and only Nathan was there. When I was in mid-sentence Izzy comes and sits down next to him. I was pretty surprised when he didn't call out "Hey babe/honey/baby/Iz/Izzy/ other things he might call her! Even more surprised that Izzy didn't call out instead of him.

Now this was really surprising! They didn't play tonsil hockey! Not once! They didn't even touch each other. I would've asked what was wrong but I think that I'd be given a stare down by Izzy. Yeah, I don't really fancy those. So I just left it alone and continued with our conversation in which James soon joined in.

Next was English. My favourite, I loved books. I may not look like I do, but I do. My favourite author was either Meg Cabot or Jane Austen. I mean, Twilight was good, but it sorta dragged. Another good thing about English this year was that Nathan was in my class. We usually chatted a lot, and today despite of him and Izzy's lack of communication we still talked as if it had been a normal day.

While we were talking I could hear a whisper in the background.

"She soooo loves him! Am I right? Am I right? I'm right, aren't I?" I heard Serena saying in another fembot high-pitched voice.

"Yeah, you are soooo right Serena!!" Ashley said before she let out her witch cackle. Nate didn't notice though, he probably doesn't even know that they're talking about us!

"Okayy class. Sorry I'm late, again. So kiddies have you finished up with Shakespeare, Romeon and Juliet, the play? 'Cause if you didn't, there's gonna be hell to pay," Miss Ridley joked, although I had a feeling she didn't.

Miss Ridley was also an awesome teacher. She was funny, sarcastic, a bit lazy, talked about school gossip, so basically a teen. Sometimes it became annoying but she knew when it did and she'd stop. The guys loved her too, but I don't think they like her in the same reasons as most girls do.

"Ummm, hey miss? In Romeo and Juliet doesn't it sort of teach us that well, you have to keep fighting for the one you love, even though others may disapprove?" Ashley asked with a hint of evil in her voice. I looked back and yup, she was directing that question at me. Cow.

"Yes, Ashley. you do have a point there . . . " then I zoned out. I was too busy thinking about which assassin I could hire to KILL Ashley and if I could come up with the money. Hmmmm. . .

"I'll be back you guys continue reading, ok?" Miss Ridley said, walking out the door.

"See, even Miss agrees with us? Why don't you fight for him, Michelle? Why don't you? Maybe that way, like in R and J you'll both die. We won't be sad though, we'll be cheering," she teased, and cackling away.

Wow. Maybe I could just stab her here. Now. With my pen. In the eye.

Abruptly Nathan stood up and walked over to her. "Hey, witch, why don't you go and jump off a bridge ok?" Nathan suggested. He was standing up for me. He was standing up, for ME!!! *school girl squeal* Ok, so not exactly standing up when you ask the person to go and kill theirselves but it's the thought that counts. Ashley was fuming. She crossed her arms delicately over her crinkled white top. She tried to stare him down but Nathan just smiled.

It was a Friday so as usual they came over to mine. Well not really usual but every Friday we went to one of our houses, and this week it was my turn. I took the bus home to clean up. While Nate, James and Izzy drove (they all had their own cars but Izzy carpooled with Nate, I wonder if she did today).

"This is Paige everyone. Paige, this is everyone. She's the new girl that came from Veronaville," James introduced.

She was sooo beautiful and she was a tomboy, sorta like me. So I think that I have officially gained a new friend. I mean she's my BFF's friend so really we're friends too . . . sorta. But the think that surprised me was that James brought her. JAMES. This was the first time I'd ever seen him with a girl other than me and Iz. Oooooh! I wonder if he likes her!