“You go, baby!” Jarred yelled.

“You’re better than Eli,” I laughed when I managed to pin her down. “Now, just keep that up and you’ll do fine. Go run.”

“Bossy,” Jade smirked before saluting. “Yes, boss.”

“Ready to be taken down?” Jarred asked, smirking smugly as he approached me.

“Don’t be so cocky, pretty boy,” I smirked back.

Jarred was actually better than you think. He circled around me in his inhuman speed about three times. This was enough to have me confused. When I moved to get him, he dodged me and quickly wrapped his arm around my waist before tackling me to the ground. With my face in the dirt, I tried to wriggle free from his tight hold on my arms.

“In your face, Danny,” Jarred hollered, his laughter booming in the air.

When Jarred felt my body go slack, he loosened his hold on me. This gave me enough time to turn around and slip from underneath him. When I was free, I grabbed his leg and flipped him in the air. He landed with a groan before I put my foot on his back.

“Tip, never trust your enemies,” I smiled, laughing at him.

“That was no fair!” Jarred cried, getting up with a scowl on his face.

“It was fair, J,” I rolled my eyes.

When I looked up, Jarred had an amused smile on his face. He pointed at my right cheek, before bursting into laughter. “You have shit on your face!” Jarred screamed.

I felt the blood rush up to my cheeks before I wiped my face with my hand. “That is not poop! That’s mud,” I defended, looking at the mud on my face.

“Whatever you say … shit face,” Jarred smirked, running away before I could hit him.

I took my towel from the ground, wiping the mud off my face before turning to look at who was left. My body froze as Beau and I stared at an uncomfortable Weston.

“So,” Weston said, looking between Beau and me.

‘Go, Danny,’ Beau linked. I could see the smug smirk on his face. ‘I can’t wait to take this dog down. I think he’d match a black eye.’

As much as I was angry towards Weston, I couldn’t stand to see Beau beat him up in anger. I didn’t want Weston to get hurt in all honesty. I was scared of what the outcome would result in after their brawl. Weston could kick us out anytime. Beau would kill him. Weston would beat Beau to a pulp if Beau angered him. Therefore, I did the unthinkable.

“Beau, why don’t you start the training with the others,” I suggested, smiling sweetly at my cousin. Weston eyes widened in shock.

‘Danny, what are you doing?’

‘Just do this … for me. I’ll be fine. I need to talk to Weston,’ I lied.

‘If he hurts you, then link me, okay? Then, I won’t hesitate to kill this ass,’ Beau said after a while of contemplating.

“If you hurt her,” Beau growled. “I will kill you.”

Weston simply rolled his eyes. “I’d like to see you try.”

“Are you calling me out, pup?” Beau seethed, walking up to Weston. “You’re lucky Danny cares too much for you to see you hurt. Considering, you hurt her practically almost every day.”

I cringed at Beau’s words. He didn’t have to mention that. Weston growled when Beau walked away, before he lowered his eyes to look at me.

When Beau was out of sight, Weston stared at me with a look that I didn’t even want to see right now. I felt like crying, the tears on brink of escaping. I held it in and stared right back.