"Commander Larson, we found an invader." One of the soldiers said while standing tall and full of pride knowing he had done a good thing and would be rewarded.
"Where are they?" Commander Larson spoke firmly and momentarily stopped his work to look at the soldier.
"In the execution room." The soldier spoke. "We're just waiting for your orders sir."
"No need to wait. Kill whoever it is and make sure they're aren't anymore. Understood?" Commander Larson spoke with a raised eyebrow as he waited for an answer.
"Of course." The soldier said and payed his respect to his leader before walking out.
My name is Flavia Roman and I just turned 20 today. My family and I just finished celebrating and I'm currently sitting on the balcony next to my room. I love coming out here and just admiring the sky late at night. It was the one thing that made me forget the type of word I live in. It was the one time where I felt I could actually be myself and think freely.
You see fifty years ago this country was in war against a new empire created by a man of the name of Mark Larson. He came from a really wealthy family and grew up to become an ambitious man. He wanted power and more control even though he had those things already since he was vice president of his fathers billion dollar company.
People don't know why or when exactly it started, but he got this idea that he wanted to build an empire. An empire that would consist of thousands of highly trained soldiers. His idea was to conquer a country and create a world that fit his standards. I don't know how long it took him to convince people to join him but soon enough he managed. He had thousands of people working for him, some of those people working for the government and others having jobs in the military.
Eventually he gathered all his men and declared war which surprisingly he won. From that point he became the leader of this country and made drastic changes, some of those being horrible for the people. It resulted in the death of thousands of innocent people in order to bring the population down.
Our society is based on many rules that people have to follow, some of those rules people hate but they still follow. To give you an idea of how our society works here's some things:
1. No one from a different country is allowed to enter ours unless they are business partners and are here to negotiate things such as trade. Otherwise if they are found in our country and fail to prove that they're a citizen they'll be executed regardless of age or gender or anything. No one is allowed to leave this country to move to a different one. If they're caught trying to escape they'll be executed. You are only allowed to travel within the country.
2. Everyone that is capable of working has to work. If you're health is good then you're to be working. Starting from the age of 16 all people have to work, where you work is your choice. There is no excuse from getting out of a job. Everyone is required to work and everyone is guaranteed a job. If they find out that you're not working then you'll be executed.
3. Everyone is required to go to school and graduate. You are free to choose the career you want as long as you finish it and start working right away. There is no excuse for people not to go to school. Failure to do so results in execution.
4. Families are limited to a max of 5 which includes the two parents and 3 children but any child after the third will be put to sleep or taken to private sector.
5. By the time that you're 30 you're supposed to be married. You are free to chose who you want to marry even if it's the same gender, but if you aren't married by 30 then you'll be degraded as a person which is an embarrassment. If you are married by 30 then you are to be faithful to your spouse. If caught cheating you'll be executed.
6. Organizations, marches, riots, or anything that protests against the Larson Government will result in the execution of the members and their families regardless of age, sex, sickness, or involvement with the organization.
These are just some of the rules our society has. Some of those aren't as bad but others are; it's usually the rules that restrict our freedom. I went back to looking at the sky before I heard a knock on the door.
"Come in!" I yelled from the balcony.
"What are you thinking about?" I heard my mother say and saw as she took a seat on the chair next to me.
"About the type of world we live in." I said still looking up at the sky.
"What about our world?" My mom said.
"How is it possible for one man to take over such a big country?" I asked looking at my mom.
"I don't know Flavia. But I guess he was smart and patient, otherwise he would've failed miserably and our society wouldn't be governed by the Larson's." She said and looked out into the night.
"Do you think it's possible?" I said.
"What's possible?" She asked confused.
"What Jacob's doing." I said turning my body to face her.
"Honesty I don't know. Only time will tell." She said looking back at me.
"What if he fails?" I said.
"Then I guess we all die together as a family." She simply said shrugging her shoulders.
"Aren't you scared?" I questioned.
"Not really. If anything I'm intrigued by your brothers idea." She said smiling.
"What if he fails and realizes that we're just not powerful enough."
"Like I said before Flavia, we'll die together as a family. But at least we'll die knowing that we tried to free the people from the Larson Government." She said and stood up from her chair. She kissed my forehead and left.
I never thought my brother would actually try and overthrow the type of government we have. He always said how much he hated the government. Always said that one day he'll come up with a plan to free the people. Now he actually is doing it and my parents are actually supporting him knowing that we can all die if we fail. But something deep down inside me tells me that we're not. I don't know why I feel like this, but I do.
Hi readers this is my second book that I write so I would like to know what you guys think about it.
This is the first chapter of the book and if I get some readers then I'll keep writing.
Anyways....vote, comment, or share.
YOU ARE READING
Love Betrayal (G×G)Romance
What happens when your country gets overtaken by a new leader? What happens when a new group tries to overthrow the new government? What happens when two people who are supposed to fight each other fall in love? Follow the story of Acacia and Flavia...