[Closed] February 5, 2016 - Secret Admirer Contest

Love is in the air! Can you feel it? 

Since we're alone on Valentine's Day this year, we figured the next best thing was the gift of reading tons of fic about all of our favorite pairings. We want to feel ALL THE LOVE in the form of new stories about your OTP. Bring on the feels!

What Do I Write About?

We're asking Wattpadders to write a Valentine's Day fic around the theme of "secret admirer." Who is the one who can't quite admit their feelings overtly? How do they go about wooing their crush? Gifts, love letters? No matter who your OTP is, we want to read stories with a mix of drama (duh, it's fanfic), an air of mystery, and of course, a smattering of sweetness. 

All fandoms are welcome. Stories should be no longer than 7,000 words.

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible. Format your story using spaces between new paragraphs.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Make sure your work is original. Do not copy another writer's work.

• With Wattpad's new multimedia feature, you might consider adding media like photos, gifs, or music to enhance your storytelling. Have fun with it, and don't forget to tag your story with #multimedia if you do choose to use it! Note: this is not mandatory, just a fun suggestion.

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a new story and tag your submission with "fanficfriday" and "secretadmirer." The deadline for submissions is Friday February 12th at 11:59 EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom or pairing you are writing about in brackets (i.e., [larry stylinson]). You can submit one (1) story for this contest.

Dates & Judges

The contest will run for one week, starting today, Friday February 5th and ending Friday February 12th at 11:59 EST. The Wattpad Team will choose fourteen (14) winners (see what we did there?), and we will announce them on Sunday February 14th - Valentine's Day! To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the Secret Admirer Contest will receive a shout out from the Fanfic profile and be mentioned on our social media channels. 

Happy writing, love birds! <3