Chapter 9

"You're not going in there alone." Vic says. "I don't want him to hurt you." I say to Vic. "Well, I don't want him to hurt you." Vic grabs my hand. I look down at our hands, then back up at him. "I'm used to it though, it'll hurt you more than it will me." I say. "I'd rather him hurt me than you though. If that's what i'll have to do to protect you then so be it." he said. I look down at our hands again.

We're in this together. "Okay," I say. Vic kisses me softly, and we get out. When we make it up to the door I hesitate before opening it. I hear Dad yelling at Mom, I hear her sobs. I grab Vic's hand as we creep up the stairs. I see the light illuminating from moms room. Me, being the first one peaked from the door. She was on the ground, sitting, back on the wall blood on her face.

I quickly move away, and cover my mouth. Oh god, I think I'm gonna be sick, at least i'll know its not random. Vic motioned for me to move so he could see. I moved to the side, and Vic got in front of me. He peaked in the room, then quickly moved away. He put his finger up to his lips and shushed me silently. I nodded, and he got out his phone. Vic turned down his brightness, and he put his phone on silent.

I do the same, and then Vic texted someone. He went to his notes and started to type something. After he was done, he showed me. It was a plan to get my dad locked up in jail finally. I nodded. I hope everything turns out the way it's suppose to. We go downstairs quietly, and out of the house. Vic's friends and Justin since he was with Jaime tonight, all pull up. We went over what we were gonna do then the plan was set in motion.

The guys went inside first, as me and Justin waited until I got a text from Vic telling us to come in. I gulp as I open the door and walk into the house. "Mom?!" I yell. "Kellin n-" she was cut off by her own scream. He's hurting her more. We start to run. "Aunt Mary?!" Justin yells. We stop as we get to the first step. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. "M-mom?"

Justin and I backed up once we saw him. "Miss me?" he asked. I grabbed Justin's wrist and tugged on it. We started to run, heading for the living room. "You know not to run, boy. It only makes it harder on yourse-" he stopped speaking. I turned around to see Vic holding him in a headlock. Dad struggles to push Vic off of him. Dad elbows Vic in the stomach, causing Vic to let go. Dad charged at me, Justin hugged me in a protecting way.

I hold on to Justin for dear life. "Get out the way, Pipsqueak." Us being the tiny people we are, Dad grabs Justin and shoves him off of me. Then he backhands me, hard. I fall, and hold my cheek. He grabbed my shirt, and held it in a fist. He pulled me up, lent down closer to me and says, "I told you running was going to make things harder on you." Alcohol reeked from his breath. He let go of me causing my back to hit the ground harshly. He brought his foot back to kick me. My first instinct was to protect my stomach, so I put my arms over it.

"Oh..." realization crosses his face. "Everything makes sense now." What is he talking about? He's drunk. "Why that boy," he pointed to Vic, "was trying protect you." He chuckles dryly, "Guess I'm gonna have to beat it out of you." I shut my eyes tightly. Once nothing happens I open my eyes to see Vic pushed Dad away from me. Vic puts him in another head lock, as Austin and Ronnie took both of his arms and pinned them behind his back. They forced him down, and had him pinned to the ground. I crawled away, and Justin came back over to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah, my back just hurts." I say.

Oh my god, Mom!!!
"Mom!" I get up as fast as I could, flinching in the process. I run upstairs, I get to Mom and see her lying on the floor eyes closed. I shake her. "Mom?" I grab her wrist and check her pulse. She still has one, she's just unconscious. I pull my phone out from my back pocket and call the police. I tell them who I am, and our location. Her face, her lip, and nose is bleeding. She has a cut around her eyebrow and a forming black eye. Tears start wail up in my eyes.