30- Insomnia

Scott's POV

I lay on my side as I watch Isaac twiddle his thumbs. I reach over and stroke his cheek.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I move closer to him on my bed. He looks at me and shrugs.

"What if my father wants me back?" He questions, "Can CPS come and take me back like they did with Stiles?"

I drape my arm over his chest and I place a quick kiss to his neck. He faintly smiles.

"My mother would never let that happen," I tell him, "I wouldn't let that happen."

"Promise?" He asks while he curls up into my chest. I wrap my arms around him and I place my head into his hair. I nod.

"I promise you, Isaac," I reassure him. I place a lingering kiss to his forehead. He kisses my bare chest and stroke his hair.

And then I start to drift to sleep.

——
Lydia's POV

I lay in bed, wide awake. I glance at my alarm clock, realizing it's almost midnight. I turn onto my left side and stuff my hands under my pillow. I lift one of my legs up to my chest as the other hangs off my bed.

I turn onto my other side and I grab an extra pillow. I hug it to my chest and I close my eyes. I move my legs over to tangle with his. When my legs collide with nothing I groan and sit up. I chuck my pillow at the wall.

Allison sits up in her bed and stares at me. Her eyes shine in the moonlight.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"N—" I pause, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine," Allison presses.

"Then stop listening," I grumble as I throw the blankets off of my body. I stand up and Allison starts to, too.

"Don't," I mumble. She stops and I walk out of the room.

I quietly jog down the stairs and I enter the kitchen. I grab a glass from the cupboard and I pour myself some water. I grab a few pills from another cupboard as well. I put the cool glass to my lips and I place the white pill onto my tongue. I gulp down the clear liquid along with the pill.

I put the cup into the sink and I make my way back to the stairs. As I pass the living-room, I see Melissa sleeping on the sofa. There are papers scattered all over the coffee table.

I grab a blanket from the closet and I lay it over her body. I gently tuck her in, not wanting to wake her up. She mumbles something incoherent in her sleep and I place a kiss to her head. 

I walk back up the stairs and I enter my room. I ignore Allison's questioning looks and I get back into my bed.

I place a pillow down by my legs and I wrap my arms abound another. I face the wall. And soon, the pills kick in and I fall into a dreamless sleep. 

Stiles POV

I watch as the sun rises. I got absolutely no sleep last night. I look at my clock on the wall, seeing that it's almost four thirty.

It feels odd to be in my room again. I barely remembered what it looked like.

My thoughts drift to Lydia. I wonder if she's laying awake like I am right now. I hope she's not. I turn onto my side, wishing and hoping to smell the faint strawberry scent in my pillows. But of course, there is none. Why would there be?

And just as I close my eyes my alarm clock goes off. I look over at it. It now reads seven o'clock. What. The. Fuck.

Writers Note:

The song I added with this chapter is Sorry (by Justin Bieber) mashed up with Apologize (by One Republic)

I love you all! Please leave a vote and comment!

-Meh