It's Only The Beginning

It had been a couple of days since Stefan had signed up for the Army, he hadn't even discussed this with his own mother as he was still in shock. Stefan had been laying on his bed reading Army guide books on techniques on being in the Army, every time if he hears his mom heading towards his bedroom he would hide the books either under his duvet or under his bed.

However one morning Stefan was up and was getting dressed as he saw his mom walk into his room with a letter in her hand "Stefan, there's post for you" Stefan looked at the envelope in her hand and knew what it was. "Thanks mom" he took it from her hand and placed it in his back pocket as he watched his mom leave his sight.

When Stefan heard silence he opened the envelope and the letter wrote

"Dear Mr Salvatore,

I am writing to Confirm your application on joining the United States Army and the first step is an Interview which will be held at United States Army Government Office at 204 Park Lane and please be there on the 12th May 2011 at 11:30.

We are looking forward to meeting you.

Sargent W. Matthews"

Stefan was surprised that he had been given an interview but he was wondering if he should tell his mother before she found out herself, however Stefan thought it was better to keep it silent for now. Stefan went on his computer to search the quickest route to get to the interview, Stefan began to plan on what he was going to say and on what his own father would say.

*Couple Days Later*

It was the 12th of May and it was the date of Stefan's interview, he got changed in a smart outfit and as the time was going by he began to get nervous. Stefan exited though his bedroom window because if his mom saw that he was wearing a smart outfit she would want to know where he would be heading out to.

The clock was almost at 11:30 and Stefan had reached his destination, he entered the office and reported to the reception desk "Hi, I'm here for an interview at 11:30" The reception lady asked for his name "Stefan, Stefan Salvatore" and as the reception lady was searching her records Stefan began to look around the display walls, which were filled with trophies and photographs.

"Yes your on our records, please take a seat and someone will be with you shortly" Stefan smiled at the reception lady and headed towards the empty seat, it was quiet, too quiet but Stefan would see a few men in uniforms walk past in and out the office and then he heard a deep man voice "Stefan Salvatore" Stefan stood up and shook his hand "Good evening, please follow me".

Interview Dialog:

Unknown: "I'm Sargent W. Matthews, please take a seat"

Stefan took the seat in front of the desk

Sargent W. Matthews: "I had viewed your application and I was impressed"

Stefan Salvatore: "Thank you Sir"

Sargent W. Matthews: "What are your goals and achievements?"

Stefan Salvatore: "My Goals are to learn to survive in any challenging situations but to also learn on becoming a strong independent man"

Sargent W. Matthews: "Do you live in a healthy, fit lifestyle?"

Stefan Salvatore: "I've been in fitness my whole life, I've been involved in sports such as football and basketball"

Sargent W. Matthews: "Final question, Why did you decide to join the Army?"

Stefan Salvatore: "Recently my father passed away and he and I had been discussing about my future in being in the Army but I've always made excuses on the subject but when I found out that he had been in the Army it made me realise that I want to follow in his steps and I made a promise in which I want to keep and follow because I want to do him proud".

Sargent W. Matthews stood up and shook Stefan's hand "Thank you Stefan, I'll be in touch in a couple of days" Stefan smiled "Thank you Sargent W. Matthews".

*Couple Days later*

Stefan had received a email which wrote

"Dear Mr Salvatore,

I am pleased to confirm that you will be attending the United States Army, a Army truck shall pick you up at your address and be ready with your bags and please say goodbye to your family members.

The truck will arrive at yours tomorrow morning at 9:00, then you will be dropped off at an Army base but until then it was a pleasure meeting you.

Sargent W. Matthews"

Stefan sat on his bed and kept reading it over and over because he couldn't believe that he was going to follow his fathers footsteps but he was frighten on how to tell his mother and her reaction.