Friendly Warning

Iorwen loved lashing out on others, that was the best quality about her according to well... her. As soon as she reached school her steps took her to Liz.

"Hi Iorwen." She said without any guilt on her face for what she was doing.

But when she saw Iorwen death glaring at her, she faltered a bit.

"I see you know about the kiss, I am really sorry, I was drunk and anyway Kai like pushed me away." She said with a sad and apologetic tone.

Iorwen should have softened but Liz was hurting Tristyn and that was not done.

"Elizabeth, you already have a boyfriend if you remember." She spat the words at her and Liz flinched at her tone.

"But he is not very visible you see and I don't even know why I can see him?" She said guiltily.

"So you are going to ignore him just because you can't flaunt him." Iorwen said her anger rising each passing second.

"Well, I can't exactly introduce him as a boyfriend to my friends or mother."

"Liz, are you insensitive or selfish?"

"I would suggest you stay away from him as well, why only we can see him? What if he is some haunted evil spirit after virgin girl?" She said sounding actually a bit terrified.

"Wow! Elizabeth, you should have realised before kissing him." Iorwen commented in disbelief.

"But he is so damn hot Iorwen. Tell me he doesn't affect you?"

"No he doesn't. But I feel bad for him. You have been bullied and an outcast, tell me how it feels to be ignored by everyone around , how it feels that no one can remember you or be bothered by your very existence." Iorwen was angrily scolding her.

Liz looked a little shocked at the outburst.

"But you know it was not like he was truly and deeply in love with me. He is not the love kind of person." She said defensively.

To this Iorwen had no answer. Liz was right; Tristyn was toying with her but what if Liz was visible to him because she was his only shot at breaking the curse. She can't allow her to be distracted by Kai or anyone else. Maybe eventually they will fall in love.

The idea bothered her but she wanted Tristyn to be curse free after all these tormenting years.

"Elizabeth, I will give you a friendly little warning since for some reason my friends like you. You don't toy with anyone's feelings if you have a little bit decency. Either you tell Kai frankly how you feel about him and leave Tristyn or the opposite works too. That is if you love or even respect either of two. Stop insulting yourself by two timing." Iorwen said in a velvet tone sounding dangerous like a mob boss.

Liz was intimidated by her words and wide eyed she just nodded.

Iorwen left with a meaningful smile on her face.

****

Later in Math class she noticed Liz walking up to Kai and talk about something. Kai looked always disturbed around her, her attention was not something he courted. But for some stupid reason he liked Iorwen.

"What did Liz say?" She asked after the class.

"I am glad you noticed."

Iorwen should have told him it was some other reason but she didn't want to prolong the talk.

"She said she was sorry for the absurd behaviour at the dance. And that she would like me to know that she loves him." Kai said those words with utter nonchalance.