Soul Suckers (On Hold....)

• Dedicated to My bestie, Salma, for listening to my writing rants 24/7

First story here, hope y'all like it ^^

They like to stay in the dark.

"Ugh, I don't believe they made us stay late." Lanky and stupid Donald Bentley muttered as he played with his flashlight while sitting outside of the big building. He turned it on, then off. On. Off. On. Off.

"Cut that out." Bulky and rude Rick White growled as he snatched the flashlight from him.

"C'mon, Ricky! We're being forced to watch this creepy building in the middle of the night! Who would want to rob it, anyways?" Don whined.

Hiding in the shadows is how they start their games.

"Don't call me Ricky." Rick says through gritted teeth. "Now shut the hell up or I'll make you."

Don laughed nervously. "Now, now, Rick. No need to feel offended."

Rick rolled his eyes and got up, looking around him. He pulled a picture out of his security uniform pocket and looked at the little girl in it. He sighed, wishing more than ever that he could see his little Mary.

They hardly show any mercy, as they pounce on their prey.

A tall woman with brown hair and glasses walked towards the security guards.

"H-hey, Doctor Ross!" Don stood up quickly and did a military salute.

Rick face palmed. "Quit being so stupid, you idiot." he looked at Ross. "Doctor Ross," he nodded. "Maybe we help you?"

"No no, Rick." Ross waved it off. "I just forgot some...papers. I'm going to grab them, then I'll be on my way."

For years they've been hunted.

"Alright then, Doctor." Rick got out his keys, then opened the door.

"Thank you, Rick." Doctor Ross walked into the building.

Don lit up a cigarette and put it in his mouth.

Rick's eyes widened and he looked around him.

"You alright there, Ricky?" Don raised an eyebrow.

"Something's wrong..." Rick mumbled.

Each one had extraordinary powers. Only three are left.

"What do ya mean?" Don asked. He couldn't sense anything wrong.

"Come....." A voice hissed.

Rick jumped up again. "Did you hear that?"

Don shook his head.

"Come to me."

Rick rolled his eyes. "Stay here, stupid." he walked into the alley next to the building. "Who are you?" he opened the flashlight. "Show yourself!"

They look like humans. Act like humans. Think like humans. But they are not

exactly human.

"Ooh, Ricky, help!" Don called.

Rick ran towards him, pulling out his gun. "Who's there?!"

Don burst into laughter. "You should've seen the expression on your face!"

Rick scowled and grabbed him by his coler. "This isn't the time for your childish games." he sneered.

"Okay, okay! I get it." Don whimpered and Rick let go.

When they find you,

Rick started pacing, not letting go of his gun. He heard a grunt, then turned and gaped.

Don was lying on the ground, pale, lifeless, still. His cigarette was onto the ground next to his head. "D-Donald?" he said.

Say your prayer.

"You." The voice hissed.

Rick started shaking, then slowly, very slowly, he looked behind him.

"Took you long enough." The teenage boy in front of him smirked. He leaned forward.

Rick gulped. This was it. He'll never see his little Mary again. He didn't have time to think of what would happen to her.

The boy took a deep breath, letting the cool breeze in. And, just like his partner, Rick fell to the ground, lifeless and still.

They make it fast and painless as they devour your soul. For they once had one, too.

The boy quickly ran away.

Doctor Ross came back out of the building. "Thank you, Rick." she frowned when she didn't find anyone. "Rick? Donald? Ouch." she scowled and looked at what her foot bumped into. Her eyes widened and she shrieked when she saw the two bodies.

They feel, they understand, and they will get their revenge.

"No...no...This couldn't have happened." Ross shivered.

Revenge for the death of their unnatural species.

She had to tell someone and quick. She ran towards her house, in case the murderer thought of coming back to get her.

I am one. I am a soul sucker.

Thanks for reading ^^ Constructive criticism is appreciated!