PART FOURTEEN

PART FOURTEEN
" Sometimes the easiest path is not the right one  "

"BEN!" Zayla's voice echoed throughout the empty pit-like bridge. He turned around forcefully. Zayla had to act quick, she could feel the Resistance starting to come. "Ben." She said once more, quieter this time. She took hold of the cold steel as it wobbled underneath her grip.

Slowly she climbed ontop of the bridge, her boots clicked as she slowly walked toward Kylo Ren, her Ben. She walked cautiously as if he was a untamed animal.

"Zayla." He said monotone.

"Ben."

"Ben is gone. I have told you that." He said, his voice starting to rise with anger.

"I know Ben is still in you. Ben fight it! You were forced to kill me, yet you didn't. I know you're still in there." Zayla was almost to him now, the steel wobbling by the their combines weight. She continued, "Please come back with me. We miss you. Leia and Han...they miss you. I-I miss you." 

Kylo Ren was silent. His breathing was slow and steady, it seemed like hours before he moved from his standing position. Slowly he put his hands on his mask, the gasses hissing as he took it off.

"I am being torn apart." He said weakly staring at Zayla.

"Ben!" She whispered, she quickly closed the few steps from each other embracing him. She could feel this was him, her lover. The boy she had loved so long ago.

"As if I can't find who I am." He continued in a dazed voice.

"You have to fight it!" Zayla whispered to him, her hands touching his face lightly.

Slowly with eyes shut Ben took his lightsaber, "It is to much Zayla."

Widening her eyes a bit she backed off a bit, "Will you please," he sighed shakily, "-will you please make this right." She realized what he was talking about. He wanted her to take all the pain away. Death. He wanted her to kill him.

"I-I..." She couldn't. She loved him. But as she looked into his dark eyes she knew she could not leave him like this. Damaged, scared, angry, Kylo Ren.

Movement flashed from the corner of her eye. Her crew was here, all she had to do was bring Ben to the ship and the plan will have worked brilliantly. 

"Just come with us Ben. We can help you. I can help you."

He shook his head, "You are too powerful for me. A burden in my heart." He held out his lightsaber, gleaming in the remaining light shining from the window.

Shakily she put her hand ontop of the lightsaber. His hand rested on Zayla's. She smiled sadly and he did too. Then the remaining light disappeared, gone. Zayla looked around and then back at Ben, his eyes flashed, just like the light in the room, the kindness was gone, horror and disappointment filled his dark eyes, as did her face. He suddenly was trying to take back the lightsaber. Grimacing she held her stance. 

What was he doing?

"Ben-" She started through gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry Zayla."

A humming sound echoed through the room following someones screams. Her screams. The pain had entered her stomach. She looked down slowly, sweat dripping down her face and saw the light burn through her. Gasping she held her stomach. The plan had failed.

---- 

short short chapter.
OH NO
not Zayla
what will happen next?!?!