Chapter 12

"So..." He broke the silence. "Get out." He had pulled up to my house. I hadn't noticed. "Run up and grab some clothes or something. You're still wet."

What? Where were we going? Why did I need new clothes?

I came in through the front door, still kind of dripping and turned around from closing the door quietly to face my brother. He looked rather pissed off at me while at the same time, relieved to see I was okay. He interrogated me about why my school called him for an unexcused absence. I have never missed a day of school. And, of course, why I was soaking wet. Then he put it together that I was with Dean. He threatened to tell Anna (who we both know would tell on me to at least one of my other siblings. There were nine of us. Michael, Zach and Balthazar have already moved out. Lucy is my oldest sister. She's been locked up in rehab for years. Myself, who lived with Gabe and Anna. My younger brother, Sammy, drowned when he was four, leaving me to be the youngest. I've been hesitant around water since. But somehow, Dean made me feel safe. Naomi moved to England and we haven't heard from her since. Uriel was my half-brother. He still intimidates me. I'm glad he doesn't live with us.) So I promised I would behave, sunk my head down and made my way across the floor after apologizing.

"I'm going to bed. I had a long day.." I left and went to my room. I threw on new clothes and fed Grace some peanut butter. (Gracie is my blue parrot. I rescued her from a broken wing when I was younger and nursed her back to health for she had fallen out of the nest.) I soon brushed my teeth quickly and stuffed pillows under my sheets, turned the lights off and climbed out my window and returned to my Dean. Smirking. Again.

"Sorry," I explained myself. "Gabe stopped me and lectured me as if I was six. But things are all sorted out now. It looks like I'm asleep and school is on break for the week, so that means no one can disturb."

"Good boy." He had a laugh caught in the back of his throat. It came out deep and raspy and it just played to my ears. The car started but merely rolled down the street so we wouldn't be heard.

We eventually made it to his house. It was 11:47 and Sam was still awake, watching cartoons. He greeted me, hardly looking up from the set. I adjusted my glasses and followed Dean to his room.

I looked around. It was small and plastered with posters of old bands. Small amounts of clothes crowded the floor around his bed and dresser. The desk looked like it has never been used for homework and his books untouched. Small plastic trophies littered the shelves. He sat at the foot of his bed and I remained standing. Observing.

"What kinda' music you into?" he asked.

I panicked.

"Uh... uh..." I read two of the posters on his wall. "Y-eah. Ya' know. Led Zeppelin. Foreigner."

"Awh yeah! Sweeeeet!" he exclaimed.

Phewf. I smiled, relieved. But he had gotten up and started to take off his shirt. I could tell my pupils dialated as I was staring. He was a VERY attractive man.

He changed out of his old, wet shirt and into one he grabbed quickly off the floor that read 'The Blizzard of Oz'. I thought it strange, but disregarded it as he pat the seat next to him beckoning me to sit beside him. So I did.

"You tired?" he asked.

"Maybe... a little..."

"Mmmh..." he exhaked again with that voice. It cascaded out of him as if woven by Angels; and it compelled me to him. "Alright." He had reclined and pulled me down to lie beside him.

"Then you ought to get some rest." He said this singsongy and childlike.

I shut my eyes and hugged his arm that was draped over my shoulder. My stomach fluttered as did my heart. He had his ventral pressed up against my back and we fit together like jigsaw puzzle peices. Perfectly. He had burried his face in the back crook of my neck and I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep in his big, strong arms to a 'Goodnight, Castiel.'