Stones of Rhiadon: Chapter 7 - Passion

Chapter 7:

Passion

By Craig A. Price Jr.

Your exquisite beauty I’ve already known about, but it only adds to my interest in you.

                The brisk morning breeze caused Noraes to awake in a chill as he held himself together trying to find heat. He stirred but didn’t yet get to his feet as he enjoyed the inside of his eyelids. When his eyes finally opened he realized that he was alone in a patch of grass near a bush. Sighing heavily he rose to his feet feeling a yawn escape his throat before noticing the chirping blue jays jumping from tree branches.

                The sun peaked through the trees in streaks, one of which was blinding Noraes’ right eye and he had to turn around. Shaking his head he remembered the night before and the conclusion that Hesio and himself came up with. He also remembered how he traveled off alone to find some rest. Hesio seemed like a good enough human, but he didn’t know him well enough yet to fully trust him.

                Thoughts circled in his head like how Anya was going to take this recent news. Surely it would not be easy for her to accept that these stone elves might be involved in a conspiracy, if she’d even accept or believe it.

                His bones felt cold and weak and he decided to stand out in the sun letting the warmth spread through his veins. Another yawn escaped him as he stretched his neck and shoulders. Desperately he looked for something he could eat as his morning stomach growled at him. He found a smell apple tree and picked a few to settle his stomach as he walked back to camp.

                Before reaching the clearing he heard voices and decided to eavesdrop peaking his head through the bushes. In the clearing Anya and Hesio sat on the fallen log by the morning fire. The two of them were very close and nearly touching at the legs as they talked to each other. Noraes noticed as Anya seemed to glow, her black hair glistened in the rays of sunlight, and her cheeks flushed red with a smile on her face.

                “Of all the blue jays and robins in this forest none can compare to your finesse and beauty.” Hiseo remarked.

                Anya blushed and turned her head away avoiding his eyes. “Surely you’re mistaken.”

                “No, mistaken I am not. I have spoken with you all morning and have concluded that you’re the kindest, brightest, and most cunning woman I’ve ever met. Your exquisite beauty I’ve already known about, but it only adds to my interest in you.” Hesio smirked.

                Blushing again, Anya whispered, “Thank you.”

                Hesio smiled and brushed his hand against her cheek securing her hair behind her ear. Her eyes looked up to him but she still kept her head down until he lowered his hand to below her chin raising her face to meet his. Her cheeks burned a fiery red and she seemed to be frozen without movement until his lips met hers. At first it was passionate from his side but she finally gave in and kissed back with such passion that startled both of them.

                Noraes decided he had enough clearing his throat and walking into the clearing. Anya quickly pulled off of Hesio and scooted away from him looking to the ground. She laced her hands nervously shaking her index finger as she looked up to Noraes.

                “Good morning. Did you rest well?” Anya asked.

                “No complaints, how about you two?” Noraes asked raising an eyebrow.