6- Doctor

***

"You think he's figuring it out?" Natasha asked Clint after Banner left.

"Yeah. He's a doctor, he knows what a pregnancy looks like." Clint said.

The next morning, Natasha woke up before Clint and quietly went to her closet. She took off her sleep shorts and tank top, until she was just wearing her bra and underwear. She grabbed some pants, then pulled them up. She tried to button them, but to her dismay, she couldn't. "Gosh dammit! Why don't these fit? They fit just a couple days ago!"

"Its because you're showing." Clint grinned from the bed.

"What? What the hell does that mean?" Natasha asked, annoyed.

"Like... Your stomach. The baby. Is showing. You've never heard that before?" Clint said.

Natasha looked down at herself. She went over to the mirror and turned sideways, staring at her stomach. There was a little bump, not big, but still noticeable. "Oh... My god."

"That's so awesome. And weird." Clint said.

"Awesome? How is this awesome? Everyone's going to find out and I'm not ready for everyone to know..." Natasha broke down crying and sat on the bed.

Clint crawled over to her and put his arms around her, not letting go.

"What's happening to me? Why am I so emotional? I'm not ready for this!" Natasha yelled as she stood up, grabbed a shoe off the floor, and threw it at the wall.

"Nat, please, calm down." Clint said calmly.

Natasha ran her fingers through her hair. "You know what?" She asked quietly, "I think I just need a shower." She said, then left the room.

Clint got off the bed, got dressed, then headed out into the kitchen. He made some pancakes and put some strawberries on top of them.

Natasha walked out, wearing a dress. "Smells good." She said, seeing the pancakes.

"What's the dress for?" Clint asked.

"It's the only thing that fit. I need to go shopping." She said.

"I think it's pretty sexy." Clint said.

Natasha blushed. "Shut up. Oh, listen, we don't need to go to the doctor anymore." She said. "I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant." Natasha said sarcastically.

"We should still go, to see if the baby is healthy and all." Clint suggested.

"I guess you're right. You wanna go today?" Natasha asked.

"How about after we go shopping for some clothes for you?" Clint said.

"Sounds good." She said.

"I made these for you," Clint said, handing Natasha a plate of pancakes.

"Thanks." Natasha took them.

After they were done eating, they got in the car and headed to the store.

"What if... What if people see us? They'll find out about me when they see us in the maternity shop." Natasha said.

"Well, then, they'll find out. We're letting them find out, not telling them, right?" Clint asked.

"Right." Natasha nodded.

They went inside the store, which was nearly empty, and looked for some clothes for Natasha.

Natasha held out a blouse for someone who was about five months pregnant. "Who on earth wants to wear this ugly thing? It looks like its for an old lady." She said quietly to Clint.