Off To Summer Camp To Get Pregnant Pt.6

“Momma,” I whispered into my cell phone. I was sitting in the kitchen waiting for my water to boil. I had barely been able to sleep, and it was now 5:30 in the morning. I couldn’t get Blaine out of my head, but now I didn’t see him with me. He was with Amber. They had a family, even if Blaine wasn’t the child’s biological father. How could I have thought that he would leave her for me?

“Faithe? What is it?” She asked, sounding concerned.

“I want to come home. Blaine and I got into a fight, and I don’t think that I can stay here anymore,” I lied. I couldn’t tell her why I really wanted to leave. She would be so disappointed in me.

“Sweetie, I’m sure everything will work out. You guys are best friends, and you have been for years. A fight can’t change that. Just talk to him,” she sounded like she was busy. Her next words confirmed that, “I’m glad that you called, but I really have to go, I love you, Faithe.” She hung up before I could reply. I wanted to cry. I couldn’t go home, but I couldn’t stay here.

“Faithe,” I heard a voice say, and I looked up. It was Amber. I smiled at her, but I think she knew that it was a fake smile. “We have to talk.”

“What about?” I asked her as I kneeled on the counter to reach for a cup.

“Blaine,” she answered. I turned around to face her again, and I shook my head.

“There isn’t anything to talk about. He and I are best friends, nothing more.” I turned around to pour the water into my glass, and then started to walk to the couch.

“There is actually,” she grabbed my hand and didn’t let me walk past her. “I don’t want you to be his friend. I know how you feel about him. I don’t want him to be tempted to leave me, even though he wouldn’t look twice at you.”

“I care about him, and I can’t stop being his friend because of that. He knows that I love him, but he doesn’t feel the same way. He loves you, so don’t worry about it. And I know that I’m not pretty. I’m short, covered in freckles, and I barely have any boobs. That isn’t society’s view of beauty, and it obviously isn’t Blaine’s.” I pulled my arm free, dumped my tea out into the sink before walking out of the house. I couldn’t deal with this. It was too much. I went to my tree, and started to climb. Midway up, there was a set of branches where I could sit without being seen from below, and it was where I wanted to be. I could see what was happening, but no one could see me. But it was too early for anyone to be up, and I was tired.

~

I woke up to voices below me and I nearly fell out of the tree. I looked down to see Blaine and Amber sitting on the ground talking.

“Amber,” Blaine said. “I don’t know if I can stay with you, knowing that the baby belongs to someone else.”

“What!?” She shouted, and I flinched at the shrillness. “You said you were fine with it! Blaine, I love you! It was a mistake! Please, baby. You love me,” she said. It sounded like she was crying.

“I don’t love you anymore,” he told her. “I can’t love you knowing that you cheated on me, that you are having another man’s child.”

“Why am I here, then?” She asked, sounding deflated.

“Faithe thought that I should break up with you in person,” he said, and looked up suddenly. He looked me right in the eyes, and I gasped. He knew I was up here. “Look, Amber, I’m sorry that you cheated, but it was something that happened, and I can’t forgive you for it.”

“Okay,” she whispered, and stood up. “I’ll just drive home. I’m sorry that I did this. I wish that I hadn’t, but I can’t give my baby up.”

“I wouldn’t want you to, Amber.” Blaine stood up too, but he didn’t walk with her after she left.

“You can come down now, Faithe,” he said, and I shook my head. I didn’t understand him, and I had to figure out what had just happened. “Fine.” I thought that he was walking away, but a few moments later, he appeared next to me.

“I did it,” he said. I nodded. “So, does that mean that we can be together now?” I shook my head.

“You love her,” I told him. “It was obvious. And you don’t love me. I hate that you lead me on, and told me that you loved me even though you didn’t. You made lo-you had sex with me, and you took my virginity, and then told me that you were staying with Amber, and that we couldn’t be together. I’d already accepted that. And when she came here, it was just so clear to me how you felt about her. You fawned over her, and treated her like a princess.”

“Faithe, I don’t love her. Sure, I care about her. We’ve been going out for years, it’d be weird not to. But I don’t love her. It’s you that I love. I’ve known you since I was a kid, and you’ve been my best friend. I made a mistake, thinking that I could stay with Amber when I was crazy in love with you. I was stupid.”

“I don’t think that we should be together. I think that we should just be friends, because that’s what we’ve been forever, and that’s safe. I know that I won’t get my heart broken if I’m just your friend,” I told him. I just didn’t know what to do anymore. Things were just so difficult now. I wanted to go back to when we were kids, when I wasn’t in love him.

(A/N):

Sorry it's so short!!! But it's a chapter, and I wanted to put something up.. I have a plan now, and I want to start uploading regularly. If you have any suggestions for the next chapter, comment, or message me!

Love, Anna!

XOX