Chapter 44

Gerald looks at the woman of her dreams, the woman inside his mind and heart. The mother of his child- Sarah, who is standing infront of him, as they are about to start sharing their life together as husband and wife. 

Gerald held her hand in his tightly, as if not wanting to let her go...as Sarah comfortably welcomed the warmth of his hand on hers. Sarah's face is the look of contentment.

As they exchanged their vows, Gerald's eyes are getting red trying not to force out the tears coming out of his eyes- he is full of happiness to finally realize his one wish of having Sarah in his life, permanently.

"My Sarah, ikaw lang ang nagpatibok ng puso ko ng ganito, ikaw lang ang laman ng isipan ko magmula nang tayo'y magkakilala... (he smiled at the thought of their first meeting...when her car accidentally slipped and got all the mud in his shirt..) akala ko noong una, hindi kita kayang abutin, na ako'y isang hamak na lupa lamang at hinding-hindi ka lilingon sa aking kinaroroonan. Pero iba ka, Sarah...kahit anuman ang mangyari, lumipas man ang mga panahon na di tayo nagkasama- hindi iisang saglit na kinalimutan ka ng puso ko. Ikaw lang ang hinahangad ko na makasama araw-araw, gabi-gabi..habambuhay. Ikaw at ang ating munting anghel na si Gerry. Salamat, ikaw ang langit na minimithi ko, at sana nasa akin din ang langit na inaasam mo. Gagawin ko ang lahat para maging mabuting asawa, kaibigan at ama sa'yo at sa ating anak- at sana ay maibigay ko sa'yo ang saya, pagmamahal at kapanatagan ng isang pamilya. Mahal na mahal kita Sarah....ngayon at magpakailanman." He chose to say his vow in Tagalog because he thought he can express it deeply that way. When he finished saying his vows, he let go of the tears and just let it flow on his cheeks. He felt Sarah's hand pressing his, obviously touched and happy with his vows. Her eyes,too are in tears. 

She smiled at him, and he pressed her hands back and caressed her back. Their eyes misty from the tears- but it was because of happiness. Happiness being together- sharing their vows and finally getting married.

Now it was her turn to say her vows...

"Gerald..yes you're mine and I am yours and you know that. I,too have waited for this moment, na masabi ko sa'yo ang nilalaman ng puso't isipan ko. But here- inside that diary, you will get to read more on how I feel those years that we weren't together. Not now- but  maybe later on.  (laughs) I never thought we would see each other again- but if we didn't, I was just happy I have a part of you with me, that is Gerry. How can I begin to forget you when your face is what I see everytime I see her. I loved you even more after I had her. I always asked myself if it was a mistake not to tell you about it but you know I have reasons, reasons you know now. And instead you were so understanding of everything. There are times I lost hope, of this time. But my prayers and my love kept me strong- to hold on to this moment that we will finally be together. It is all I ever wanted, to have a family and you helped me make it come true. Thank you Ge...because of you, I have strength and faith that we will have a happy life, and hopefully share a longer life together- laugh together, get to know more about each other although I felt that I knew you the first time we met. (smiles) I always knews you were special, that was the first time I felt my heart skipped a bit and I didn't know why. I refused to entertain the thought of falling in love. I didn't want myself hurt and I didn't want to hurt you.  But I realized being in love, you wouldn't experience only happiness, that being in pain sometimes makes it much sweeter. Our being separate for years made me realize that, that there is something bigger planned for us. And this is it.. you are going to be my husband, and I, your wife. I surrender myself fully to you, Gerald- our marriage, our life together, our family. I will be with you as your dutiful wife, a friend, a mother to our child, Gerry and a partner in everyway. You're right that you are my own slice of heaven. If I didn't know that heaven exists, then my being with you is the closest I can get. I love you even then, from this moment on..til forever, my Gerald. Mahal na mahal kita."  Sarah said as her tears continued to flow on her cheeks, she hugged him as he comforted her with the warmth of his heart and body.

Everyone was silent after witnessing the exchange of vows of the two. They knew how emotional this is for both of them, and not one pair of eyes are dry from witnessing this union. That's for sure.

After Sarah and Gerald, were pronounced 'husband and wife' by the Filipino priest, Gerald finally lifted the veil and held on to Sarah's chin with his fingers.

Everything seemed to stop.

When his lips touched hers, the volt of electricity flowed between them. 

Sarah closed his eyes as he claimed her lips gently. He wanted to kiss her more, but there is a time for that later on.

Gerald whispered to her ear after, Sarah's cheeks blushing, "I love you...I want to kiss you more but we have an audience..." he joked. As they both heard everybody clapping their hands and whistling.

Sarah pinched him as she continued to blush, but she indeed, want him to kiss her more. But yes, she can wait. She has been waiting for it.

She is officially his wife, and him, her husband.

Their own piece of heaven by each other's side- came true. 

They are each other's missing half- their source of love and happiness. 

To be together completes them- Gerry, Sarah and Gerald, one family.