Faking two deaths

~~~~Naruto's Pov~~~~

I groaned awake and automatically sensed around for my team only to find they aren't here... but on the bridge! So going back in time super-powered didn't change my habit of sleeping in... Welp, might as well get changed. After getting changed I was about to leave to go down stairs, however I noticed there was a note on the table end. How I didn't see that before is beyond me but anyway. I walked towards it and opened the letter that had my name on the front.

Naruto,

You are the heaviest sleeper I have ever known, you know that? I even dropped a bucket of ice cold water on your head but you even slept through that! How is that even possible?!? Anyway, Kakashi said to let you sleep in and we're going to the bridge to fight Zabuza and Haku. I've gone ahead with the plan so you just need to get your fat ass out of bed to do you're part.

Sasuke.

I sweat dropped at the message that the duck-ass left for me. He's quite verbal when he's writing... if only he could transfer that skill over to when he's talking... My head snapped to my door as I heard a scream from down stairs and I mentally cursed myself. I completely forgot that two ugly looking thugs try and take Tsunami. I rushed downstairs and into the dining room. 

I saw Inari shouting at the two rough looking men, ordering them to let his mom go. With genin to chuunin speed, I ran at them and quickly knocked them out and tied them up outside. I turned around from the thugs and saw Inari looking at me with awe "See, I told you heroes exist." I said proudly with a large grin plastered on my face before roughing up his hair. He attacked my bandaged hand annoyed at me for what I just did. I smiled at him once again but soon grew serious. "Inari" I called and he looked up with a concerned look after seeing my expression "I want you to rally the villagers. I want you to show them that they can stand up to Gato" I said deathly serious. 

Inari gulped and looked to the floor "They won't listen to a kid." he replied in a whisper. 

"You won't know until you try. Inari, what do YOU want to do?" I asked and he looked at me with newly found resolve and run off into the village. I smiled at the sight of him and turned around, nodding to Tsunami before rushing off to the bridge.

I watched from a nearby tree as Sasuke pretended to struggle against Haku. He knew I was watching because I saw him smirk slightly in my direction before he continued on with the fight. Sakura was protecting Tazuna like last time but looked more aware of her surrounding and would actually be able to protect him to some extent when Zabuza tried to get a lucky hit in. Kakashi, who was currently in Zabuza's mist, though was struggling to see his opponent because he only had one sharingan. I sighed at the sight. We were doing pretty bad all in all. Sure, Sasuke was pretending but if he wasn't anyone could see we looked pretty screwed. Then again I always have had some pretty good luck in the past... As well as some pretty bad luck now that I think about it...

I jumped down from my tree and into the mirrors. I could always destroy them and make it look like I lost control of Kurama if it gets too bad. "Hey Sasuke!" I said unaffected by the wave of senbon coming my way. 

"You going to move, dope?" asked Sasuke in an almost uncaring manner, knowing that I like to psych out my opponent.

"Awww, does Sasgay care about me?" I teased as I ducked out of the path of senbon and let them fly overhead. 

Sasuke growled at me and muttered "I'm not gay and you know it." 

"Yeah yeah" I waved my hand dismissively and looked towards Haku who seemed confused as to why we were arguing in the middle of a fight that could result in our death. Sasuke calmed down and also looked towards Haku.