And he was the biggest player of them all.

    Not that we could blame him, he had learned from my older brother, the most successful Homeboy to ever Homeboy. Crank, my older brother, had women for days. Not girls in his grade, but older women. Cougars thirty and up, women thirty and down. He didn’t care. He wanted to build a legacy, set a standard. Make sure nobody could beat him. Except who he chose.

   And back in sophomore year, Duke was already a ¼ of the way there, which meant Crank had showed him all of his charming ways.

    I sighed, grabbing a bottle of water and checking to make sure the cap was still screwed on. Rena, my best friend, laughed at me. “You are way too cashush,” she slurred, throwing back a shot of Crown. Her black hair was already matted down with sweat, and her blue eyes glowed viciously. She was the same 5’3 height as me, except she was skinnier with no butt and big boobs. I had a nice amount of both that usually got in the way when I played sports or went dress shopping. “Looshen up, June-ya.”

   I rolled my eyes, screwing off the top of my water bottle and taking a sip. “Never,” I promised, leaving her in the kitchen surrounded by some of the boys. This was a usual Homeboy party at Duke’s huge ass house. His parents were gone. Half-naked girls surrounded some of the Homeboys, getting drunk and slutting themselves around. The boys were playing a rowdy game of beer pong. I had a love-hate mentality for these parties. I hated drunk people, but I loved dancing and music and having fun. The drinking wasn’t really me, but the fun was. Loud dance music turned up to ignorant levels was one of the best things I could encounter. But the drinking could’ve went.

    I made my way to the living room. The couches had been pushed up against the walls to create a huge dancing space. Couples made out on them, groping each other playfully. I could see the Homeboys from here, looking disinterested and bored with the girls on their laps. I turned my head away from them. I didn’t want anything to do with them. It would’ve been nice being popular, I’m assuming, but I had friends and people recognized me now, and I liked it. That was enough popularity for me. And as far as sleeping around with one of them? No. They were sexy, and apparently amazing in bed, but still. I wasn’t quite ready for that yet. I had just managed to make myself make out with a guy at a party, and I had nightmares for a week or two after that because I felt so guilty.

    I topped my water bottle back up and danced my way into the middle of the dance floor. One of my good guy friends, Dave, was wasted as hell. I grinned, backing up on him and dancing. “Whoo!” he cried, wrapping his arm around my waist and moving with me. His drunkness, added to his already rhythymless self, made his movements off-beat and comical. I laughed, removing myself from him.

    He moved on, grabbing some white girl instead.

    A little smile stayed on my face as I danced with some friends, and even some people I didn’t know well. Thanks to Rena, we were basically a staple at these parties. Duke Alistair’s parties were legendary, and a security guard only allowed a few people in. Mostly people from our school and a few others. I was only invited because I was Crank’s sister. And I was never actually invited; I just showed up with Crank one day, and the security guard remembered me ever since. I didn’t plan on taking advantage of it, but Rena wanted to get drunk and party, so I came with her as a designated driver.

   Plus, she wanted to hook up with a Homeboy, even though she was as much of a virgin as I was.

   I looked up at the Homeboys against my will and caught the eyes of Kyle. He winked one big brown eye, a full smile playing across his lips. The girl on draped over him like curtains, thinking the smile was for her. I gave him a little smile back before opening the door and going outside.