♡ Chapter 1 ♡

Lexi (P.O.V)
I wake up to a shining light beaming through the window. I groan and turn over to look at the clock. It's 8:35 and today is Saturday. Last week was a very busy week. I'm the head CEO of Crystal Enterprises and I have a million dollar worth company. I wouldn't say I'm rich, I'm just....very wealthy. I get out of bed and walk into the bathroom. I am Alexis Crystal, but people call me Lexi, 5'6,African American, 29, and have really curly hair. I open the medicine cabinet and grab my meds. I have an anxiety disorder and these pills keep me calm.

I pop the pills and gulp down some water. I take a deep breath and grab a hair tie on the counter top, and put my big Afro in a messy bun. I walk out of my bathroom and down the hall going to wake up my baby boy. Yes, I do have a child, but he isn't mine technically. I adopted him 9 years ago. His name Justin and he had an very abusive family. What kind of parents beat their child everyday,starve him, and called him such vulgar names with his condition? Justin has a serve autism disorder. When I first saw him at the foster home something about him just...trigger me and I wanted to know more about him. When the foster home owner told me his story I was in tears and it just broke my heart.

I love him to death and I would do anything for him. I would protect him, care for him, and if I have to I would die for him. That's how much I love my precious baby boy. He just turned 17 a couple of weeks ago, but if you have actually spent time with him you would think he is 5 or 6. That's part of his disorder he has a childlike brain and it takes more time for him to learn new things or to develop to certain people. He doesn't like being touch by anyone, but me.

He doesn't have any friends, because he told me that they think he is some type of freak. That pissed me the fuck off. I literally drove to that school and talked with the principals telling him why he was just letting kids talk about my baby. He told me that what goes on with the students isn't his concern. What the fuck? Your the freaking principle!Its your fucking job to watch after the students! Justin was actually with me that day and was crying his eyes out.

He has never seen me that angry before and it was a traumatic experience for him. He was scared of me for weeks, until he finally calmed down and things went back to normal.

Breaking from my thoughts I reach Justin's room and I lightly twist the door knob. I peek through to see my precious angel cuddled up with his teddy bear. He would use to sleep with me all the time until I told him that when he turns 17 he has to learn how to sleep on his own. He freaked out of course, but I told him how whenever I was afraid to sleep alone when I was younger my mom got me a teddy bear and I slept peaceful every night.

I hear Justin's soft snores as he stirs in his sleep. I slowly walk over to him and sit beside him on his purple bed. That's his favorite color. I kiss him on the cheek and his eyes flutters open. "Wake up baby." I whisper softly. His eyes are fully open and he slowly sits up and brings his hands up to his eyes rubbing it softly. "Morning mommy." He says as he takes down his hands and kiss my cheek.

"Morning sweetie.How did you sleep?" I say as I place my hand of his cheek rubbing it slowly. "B-Better t-than yesterday. I-I m-miss sleeping w-with you m-mommy." He says as I stand up. "It's okay baby, and I miss sleeping with you to, but your going to have to learn to be on your own sometimes okay?" I tell him as he nods his head and makes grabby hands toward me. I smile and pick him up.

He isn't really heavy, but he's getting their. Sooner than later he is going to be a big boy. I carry him as I walk down the hall and down to the kitchen. We have a 2 story house and our rooms are downstairs just in case of an emergency. I place him down in a stool in front of the kitchen bar. I let go and he whimpers at the lost of contact. I giggle at his cuteness. I go to the fridge and look for some breakfast.