Chapter 1: Who am I?

Nagisa's P. O. V.

"See ya, Karma-kun!" I shouted out to the redheaded boy who was walking out of the small rundown building. He was ditching once again since Koro-sensei announced yesterday that we would be taking a test on what we learned this semester.

I signed and sat back in my seat, awaiting my fellow classmates to enter the classroom. As I waited I began to look over my notes I took on Koro-sensei. I had a lot so far and I was getting to better understand my teacher.

I smiled as I remembered all the fun times we had in this class.

But, my thoughts were interrupted by a small creak behind me and I sensed blood lust.

I whipped my head around, dropped my notebook, and rushed out of my chair. It was Shiro, that guy who was once Itona's guardian.

"Hmm, it seems that you were able to sense me. Pretty good." He spoke as if he was testing me.

What? Why was he here? Was he trying to assassinate Koro-sensei again?

I risked turning my head to the door and saw that it was locked. Why would he lock the door? How did I not notice him in the first place?!

I slowly moved my hand to the rubber knife hidden in my back pocket. It wasn't of much use against him but it was better than nothing.

"Nagisa Shiota."

My eyes widened. How did he know my name? Just what was he trying to do?

He examined me and gave me a horrible grin. It gave me chills. "You'll be perfect." He said and then he lunged at me.

Shocked, my footing was messy and Shiro was able to pin me, by my neck, to the wall. I held the rubber green knife and, with all my strength, hit the large man in the head.

Luckily, I was able to budge him slightly and free myself from his grasp. I quickly scampered to the door and tried to unlock it, with no luck.

I turned around and saw that Shiro was walking slowly toward me. He gave me another creepy smile that made me want to run.

Why wasn't anyone here? Did he do something to Koro-sensei and Karasuma-sensei already? What about Karma and the rest of the students?

My eyes widened a bit when I noticed the window that was near my seat was open. That would be my exit!

My eyes went back to Shiro who was now holding a knife. A real one.

Was he trying to kill me or something?! I pondered.

My glance went to the desks in the room and I strategized a plan to get me out of the room from the open window.

I quickly started running toward the man in white which took him off guard and then moved to the left the second before I reached the older man and ran to the window. Thanks to my petite body I was able to leap through the window but my hair ties ended up falling out, letting my blue hair run free.

I looked back to see Shiro kicking down the door that he locked and trying to follow me. Just what did he want with me?

I ran faster to the forest and moved the leaves around me to gain momentum.

"Nagisa-kun?" I heard and I stopped.

I turned around to face the voice. "Karma-kun?"

In front of me stood the boy I knew since the beginning of middle school. I opened my mouth to speak but I was interupted.

"Nagisa Shiota. Karma Akabane." Shiro announced, walking toward the two of us.

"Shiro!" I exclaimed, holding my rubber knife in my hand. Unconsciously, my hand started trembling. Was I scared?